Need advice on electric ranges!! help please

Options
We bought a new house last year, it is over 30 years old so some items we knew would need to be replaced and some things would need updated/repaired. We are slowly marking things off the list and the latest is a range. The one we have bakes so unevenly, I hate cooking/baking with it!! All the research we have done is making my head spin like crazy, so I wanted input and advice from you wonderful people on MFP. We are thinking we want a convection oven/induction cook top, all electric. But we aren't set on anything right now.

Here's my questions:

1) do you have a convection oven? If so, why do you love it or hate it?
2) do you have an induction stove? If so, do you love it or hate it? Why?
3) what brand do you have? Why do you love it/hate it?
4) we are looking at Electrolux, Whirlpool, Dacor, and Samsung. Any suggestions on brands?

Replies

• Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I suggest you google owner reviews on the models that appeal to you.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    It must be red. Don't settle for any other color.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    We have an Electrolux, glass top, which is great for fast and easy cleanup. Also convection oven feature - super convenient for quicker cooking but you have to be careful when baking, things can rise too quickly then end up looking lop-sided. Good luck on your choice.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    I suggest you google owner reviews on the models that appeal to you.

We started with that and everything we read seems to be conflicting on every single brand :-/
    Options
    It must be red. Don't settle for any other color.

I <3 red
    Options
    We have an Electrolux, glass top, which is great for fast and easy cleanup. Also convection oven feature - super convenient for quicker cooking but you have to be careful when baking, things can rise too quickly then end up looking lop-sided. Good luck on your choice.

I've heard that baking with convection is tricky.........does your Electrolux have a 'brain' that will convert regular cooking temps/times to convection?
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Everything Samsung.
    Nothing ever breaks in our house & I have had everything @ least 5 years.:flowerforyou:
    Options
    Everything Samsung.
    Nothing ever breaks in our house & I have had everything @ least 5 years.:flowerforyou:

:drinker: thanks Sam!!!

Btw, is that YOU on your weight loss ticker?!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    I used to sell appliances and induction cooktops and stoves got really popular. Some of the brands you mention, I have had no experience with since they weren't sold where I worked at the time (Circuit City). But the units I sold that had good experiences with were Kitchenaid, Whirlpool, GE.

One thing you do need to have with an induction cooktop is the correct cookware. Preferably stainless steel and cast iron. Aluminum and glass don't work well with induction.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Options
    I used to sell appliances and induction cooktops and stoves got really popular. Some of the brands you mention, I have had no experience with since they weren't sold where I worked at the time (Circuit City). But the units I sold that had good experiences with were Kitchenaid, Whirlpool, GE.

One thing you do need to have with an induction cooktop is the correct cookware. Preferably stainless steel and cast iron. Aluminum and glass don't work well with induction.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Hey thanks!! I actually got induction cookware about 2 yrs ago for Christmas, even though I didn't have an induction cooktop. I have to say, it's some nice stuff and I love it.