Aspartame

Options
Hello,
I know aspartame is bad for you, but I love diet pop, the only thing is, is that once I'm done drinking it, I have to use the washroom if you know what I mean, it comes outta nowhere :(
Does this happen to anyone else? and what can I have instead of a pop? I like to have one at least once a week, but I hate all the sugar and that in the normal kinds, any suggestions?

Replies

• jessimacar
    Options
    i'm not supposed to have aspartame, so when i'm actually being good, i mix juice with carbonated water. the fizzy takes away my craving for pop, and the juice (usually lemonade for me) adds a bit of flavour. the water also cuts the sugar and calories from the juice, so you can drink twice as much! Lol.
  • SJSBT
    SJSBT Posts: 8
    Options
    How about Diet Rite, it has Splenda in it.
  • SafariLara
    Options
    Caffiene is a diuretic, so chances are if your soft drink has it, your gonna have to pee...ALOT haha

I love diet soda too... its my weakness.... I drink it everyday

too bad its horrible for you in every way :( Some day I'll be able to cut it out
  • lordofultima
    Options
    One a week?! That's pretty amazing, I have to have at least 20 oz. a day...hahah. Oh addiction. I also need a strange amount of caffeine throughout the day, it seems to help with my blood pressure and prevents headaches.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Lol, I don't pee, ahem, I have the runs right away :S
    maybe I'm allergic? lol and I would love to have fizzy water, but I can't stand it! :P
    I shouldn't really have caffeine, as I have an anxiety disorder and such, lol so my usual drink is 7 up or something without caffeine, or I have Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi :)

EDIT:
    What's Diet Rite? I've never seen that here :/ (Ontario)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You should try drinking a sparkling juice drink, like Izze. It doesn't have added sugar and tastes great.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Hmm, I dunno if we have Izze here, but I know we have sparkling juice drinks (which I love) just can't handle soda water, lol
    guess it's the flavours of the fruitiness I love :D
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    One a week?! That's pretty amazing, I have to have at least 20 oz. a day...hahah. Oh addiction. I also need a strange amount of caffeine throughout the day, it seems to help with my blood pressure and prevents headaches.
    Your headaches could be because of a caffeine dependency. I used to drink 20+ oz of soda a day then I went cold turkey. I had headaches for almost a week (ibuprofen was my friend!) and then the headaches went away once all the caffeine was purged from my system.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Try Diet orange crush .. it's sweetened with Splenda instead of Aspartame.
    I just gave up pop a week ago. Gaah it isn't easy .. especially since my husband has the fridge stocked with cola.

Could be the caffeine too. I used to get that way after drinking coffee many years ago.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my addiction.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Aspartame also contributes to headaches, which is weird for those (like me) who have a caffeine addiction and like diet drinks. Non-diet drinks (and sodas that are orange flavored and whatnot) are way too sweet to me. I'm weening off it all.