Does anyone know how to break the "plateau"??? Please help!

Options
2»

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    we do not have enough information to give you advice.

Why do you want logic?!? Oh wait, yes, maybe someone can provide good advice with a few more pieces of information. OP....hello?!? Hellllllllooooooooooo!!!!
  • SAR4Life
    SAR4Life Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1-2 weeks is not a plateau. Just stick closely to your calorie limit, and be sure to weigh and accurately record every bite you eat. Most likely it will resolve itself. Weight loss isn't linear, 1-2 weeks generally isn't anything to worry about yet. Changing your program every time you don't lose weight in the short term will make the long term more difficult.

^^this

+1

+2
  • ntinney6228
    Options
    Up your calorie intake

How many calories is the OP eating now? What will upping the calorie intake do?

Make the person who wrote feel good. SOmetimes folks forget to ask the questions before giving the advice and sometimes we forget new people are guarded as to the questions. OP can you answer what your calorie intake is currently?
    OP? Am I out of the loop? I dont know what OP is? My current calorie intake is suppose to be 1200. I usually workout everyday and burn around 600 calories daily. I usually eat 1000 calories daily. Is that enough information? If not, just let me know what info I can give for more advice. Thanks! :)
  • ntinney6228
    Options
    we do not have enough information to give you advice.

Why do you want logic?!? Oh wait, yes, maybe someone can provide good advice with a few more pieces of information. OP....hello?!? Hellllllllooooooooooo!!!!
    Thanks for the response good or bad lol. Im new on here and sincerely dont know what info would help :) I am open to hear good advice :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Up your calorie intake

Make the person who wrote feel good. SOmetimes folks forget to ask the questions before giving the advice and sometimes we forget new people are guarded as to the questions. OP can you answer what your calorie intake is currently?
    OP? Am I out of the loop? I dont know what OP is? My current calorie intake is suppose to be 1200. I usually workout everyday and burn around 600 calories daily. I usually eat 1000 calories daily. Is that enough information? If not, just let me know what info I can give for more advice. Thanks! :)

So your net calorie amount is around 400 a day? That's your problem. I take back my prior advice to keep doing what you're doing. Eat more and make your net calories equal to your goal.

OP means either the Original Post or the Original Poster depending on the context. So you are the OP and you wrote the OP.
  • ntinney6228
    Options
    OP, how much are you currently eating and how often are you working out? What is your current weight and goal weight? How tall are you? These are all handy things to add to your question, so people have a good idea of what you're currently doing and can point you in the right direction. Also, open your diary so we can see what you're eating.

Some general things: sometimes you can be eating more than you think (though if you've lost 13lbs so far you obviously are doing something right) keep a close eye on your tracking, sometimes doing too much at the gym can increase water held by the muscles for repair and keep the scales up. If you are very close to goal your weight loss may slow a little, the last few lbs/kg can be so hard to get off.

Keep an eye on your fibre intake, make sure you're getting at least 25g-30g per day. Keep an eye on your sodium intake, too much sodium causes you to retain water.

Your cycle (ovulation/period) can cause weight loss to slow a little for a week or so too, not sure whether it's hormonal, bloat or water again, but a lot of women don't lose as much over those two times of the month (it sucks being a girl sometimes!!).

Keep at it, as I said you obviously are doing a lot right because you've lost this much, but have a look at those things I mentioned and see how you go :)
    Thank you so much. That was awesome advice!! BTW, I am 137 lbs and I want to be 120 lbs again. I started at 150 lbs and I am 5'4 :) My diary is private for my friend to see. I will add you :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Up your calorie intake

OP = Original Post or Original Poster (you). =)

Are you weighing your food where possible and logging everything?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Up your calorie intake

Yeeeeeah, go ahead and up your calorie intake
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    This is a must read...especially if you're still educating yourself on weight loss, how it works and what you can do to be successful in your journey.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594

Damit...can't find Sara's links thread...
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

My current calorie intake is suppose to be 1200. I usually workout everyday and burn around 600 calories daily. I usually eat 1000 calories daily. Is that enough information? If not, just let me know what info I can give for more advice. Thanks! :)
    [/quote]

This makes me really sad. I actually felt like crying when I read this comment. I don't think I can stress this enough OP, please, please for the love of any deity you choose to believe in, please eat AT LEAST 1200. And if you burn 600, eat that amount back. It sounds counterintuitive to say EAT MORE to lose weight, but please believe me when I tell you that eating less does not necessarily mean that you will lose weight more quickly, a bigger calorie deficit is not better. Yes, you have been losing weight on this amount, but you are also slowing your metabolism over time because it needs to get used to working the same way on less food. This means that when you are eventually at your goal, your maintenance level of calories would be a lot lower than someone who lost weight at a more moderate deficit.

I would slowly add back calories over the next few weeks, you don't need to jump up straight away. Add back, say, 100cals per week until you are netting at least 1200 cals per day (so if you burn 600 then you need to eat 1800).
  • ntinney6228
    Options

My current calorie intake is suppose to be 1200. I usually workout everyday and burn around 600 calories daily. I usually eat 1000 calories daily. Is that enough information? If not, just let me know what info I can give for more advice. Thanks! :)
    [/quote]

This makes me really sad. I actually felt like crying when I read this comment. I don't think I can stress this enough OP, please, please for the love of any deity you choose to believe in, please eat AT LEAST 1200. And if you burn 600, eat that amount back. It sounds counterintuitive to say EAT MORE to lose weight, but please believe me when I tell you that eating less does not necessarily mean that you will lose weight more quickly, a bigger calorie deficit is not better. Yes, you have been losing weight on this amount, but you are also slowing your metabolism over time because it needs to get used to working the same way on less food. This means that when you are eventually at your goal, your maintenance level of calories would be a lot lower than someone who lost weight at a more moderate deficit.

I would slowly add back calories over the next few weeks, you don't need to jump up straight away. Add back, say, 100cals per week until you are netting at least 1200 cals per day (so if you burn 600 then you need to eat 1800).
    [/quote]Sorry I made you feel like crying lol. I did eat alot tonight :) I still will probably workout hard tomorrow though. I probably ate about 2000 calories tonight. Shame on me but I was celebrating a special event !! I will start taking in more calories... Slowly :)) Thank You for the advice :)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    My current calorie intake is suppose to be 1200. I usually workout everyday and burn around 600 calories daily. I usually eat 1000 calories daily. Is that enough information?

400 net calories is - literally - less than concentration camp rations. So first, weight would be melting off of you if that were the case, and second, there is no way you could maintain a heavy exercise rotation on so little fuel, especially if it's cardio-heavy as you suggest.

The numbers don't add up.

Time to open up the diary.
  • ntinney6228
    Options
    My current calorie intake is suppose to be 1200. I usually workout everyday and burn around 600 calories daily. I usually eat 1000 calories daily. Is that enough information?

400 net calories is - literally - less than concentration camp rations. So first, weight would be melting off of you if that were the case, and second, there is no way you could maintain a heavy exercise rotation on so little fuel, especially if it's cardio-heavy as you suggest.

The numbers don't add up.

Time to open up the diary.