What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
This is a pretty classic question. I've been doing the oatmeal/quinoa route for a while now, so I'm looking to switch that up. What do you guys eat for breakfast? :)

Replies

• HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal/peanut butter. But I also like to do hard boiled eggs, toast w/ peanut butter, fruit smoothie, dried fruits, any granola bar/cereal bar, scrambled eggs, protein pancakes, or sometimes soup in the morning isn't too bad.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Energy drink.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I rely pretty heavily on eggs: fried on toast, scrambled in an English muffin, hard-boiled with some oatmeal, etc. I just made a batch of muffin-tin mini-quiches for the week so I can have one in the morning with toast or two topped with hot sauce or whatever.

Other faves are fried ham, turkey bacon, English muffins with Laughing Cow, and cold boiled or baked potatoes.

I should note that I do IF, so my breakfast is usually at lunchtime. These things are what I have when I want traditional breakfast foods, but I am just as likely to have a turkey sandwich or bowl of soup or leafy tuna salad.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Cereal and yogurt
    Fruit and a cereal bar
    Peanut butter toast and fruit or toast and an avocado
    Oatmeal
    Soup
    Pancakes/Waffles/French toast
    Eggs and toast
    Breakfast burrito
    Doughnut (or muffin or bagel) and coffee

Leftovers...

... And sometimes I skip it and just eat lunch!
  • susank135
    susank135 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    steel cut oats topped with blueberries or chopped apple and some pecans
    hard boiled eggs and steamed veggies
    scrambled eggs w/tabasco and a baked sweet potato
    leftover soup
    yogurt, blueberries and almonds or pecans
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I only eat rice for breakfast Uncle Bens long grain white or brown or Jasmine rice,
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fruit salads, too! Just chop up some fruit that you love in a big bowl and eat it from there.
    Or perhaps, a bagel with your favorite topping.
    I'm still trying to come up with ideas haha
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite is 1 sunny side up egg with 1 100% wheat peice of toast and 2 peices of turkey bacon.
    However things like bananas, cherrios, greek yogurt, granola bars, almonds, and eggs in general are pretty great.
  • catbender
    Options
    Yum. Can't wait for breakfast.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I scramble one egg with one ounce of 2% sharp cheddar cheese and I roll it into a small low carb/high fiber tortilla. Delicious...
  • Rednecks_Wife
    Rednecks_Wife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a serving of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of Kirkland Three Berries Medley (with a touch of butter and sugar) then I add a dash or two of cinnamon. Then I add in a half a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Tastes like a warm berry compote - so yummy and so filling!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    2 slices (60 to 80g) of sausage and 1 fried egg. The sausage gets sliced up a week or two in advance and bagged in sandwich bags. I try not to arrange them super neatly in the bag else they'll be especially stuck together and hard to pry apart.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt basically every weekday with some kind of fruit, usually a banana. I just grab it and throw it in my purse before leaving for work and it keeps me full until lunch time. On the weekends I eat whatever I feel like. Sometimes eggs, sometimes pancakes or cream of wheat, and sometimes lunch foods if I don't get up that early.
  • joylotus
    joylotus Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a green smoothie pretty much every morning. I mix it up so that it's roughly 200 cal each time. The basic one:

- 2 cups spinach (or like kale? or red lettuce, cabbage, etc.)
    - 1/2 a banana (or 1/4 avocado)
    - 100 g frozen blueberries (or apple, strawberries, pear, etc.)
    - 1 TB Chia seeds (or 1 tsp cashew/almond butter)
    - 500 mL water

It gets sort of addictive.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Protein smoothie (either strawberry/banana or chocolate/banana), oatmeal with protein powder, or if I'm in a super rush and absolutely can't put anything together for myself I'll grab a Bolthouse or Muscle Milk or something at the gas station. I'm rubbish without protein when I wake up.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow light breakfasts...

1 egg with 1 egg white with veggies, 3 slices of bacon, 2 pieces of toast (or homefries) and cheese with skim milk

or

2 servings of fruit loops with 1 cup of skim millk 2 pieces of toast with butter.
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    eggs, egg whites
    sausage, bacon
    whole wheat toast with peanut butter
    greek yogurt
    granola, almond milk & fruit (berries, bananas etc.)
  • OliveRiver
    OliveRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'll mainly just drink water and/or orange juice with my morning coffee on the average day. I might scramble a couple eggs and 2-3 pieces of bacon, or a banana with a hard-boiled egg every now and then.
  • xLittleMissVixenx
    Options
    I have a bowl of Frosties every morning. I know that's not particularly healthy, but 60g with milk is only 228 calories and I enjoy it!
  • rie_q
    rie_q Posts: 73
    Options
    Coffee and a litre of water.

I usually sleep through breakfast and skip straight to lunch!