Build A Butt Workshop

Options
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone out there has successfully built up there booty. :smile: I have started to notice that the more weight and the closer I get to my goal I'm losing my bottom and its kind of flattened out! I'm only 22. its just recently started to make me uncomfortable and self conscious.! :sad: any advice would be awesome or success stories would help keep me motivated. :flowerforyou: thanks!

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats, maybe as part of a good program like Stronglifts 5x5. I also hear barbell hip thrusts are good.

SideProgress.jpg
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have been doing body weight squats recently just to make sure I'm doing them correctly and I have resistance bands that I also use , but i'm not really sure if resistance bands work as good as other things. I'm wanting to incorporate strength training in but im a beginner in that area. and just wanted to add you look great very motivational :)
  • kmkgurl
    Options
    bump! anyone?
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Not a success story yet, but workin' on my booty now.

Glute bridges are great (esp. weighted) and also kneeling squats (b/c it mostly just works the glutes, in case you don't want to work the quads, etc. For example, I have a full leg workout, so when I'm doing glutes I really just want to isolate them). If you have bands, then check out the 2nd vid on this link for the kneeling squats. http://bretcontreras.com/which-type-of-squat-maximizes-glute-activation-2/

In fact, checkout anything and everything by Bret Contreras. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    check out the book strong curves by brett contreras.. it's all about building a butt.

but in general, weighted post parallel squats, deadlifts, hill running, glute bridges, hip abductor machine, weighted bulgarian split squats, box jumps ==> booty booty booty booty rockin' everywhere :laugh:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Body weight and resistance bands are better than nothing. Do you have access to a gym?
  • kmkgurl
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm going to start looking some of these things up and adding them to my workouts.! XD and no sadly I don't have the money to go to the gym yet sadly, but hey I will do what I can for the meantime. lol
  • caviggia
    caviggia Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    check out the book strong curves by brett contreras.. it's all about building a butt.

but in general, weighted post parallel squats, deadlifts, hill running, glute bridges, hip abductor machine, weighted bulgarian split squats, box jumps ==> booty booty booty booty rockin' everywhere :laugh:

^this in which all can be done at a home program with bands, steps, hills, and free weights
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Variations of squats / lunges / leg curls / SLDL / RDL

Get your form 100% at a manageable weight and always contract the glutes at the top of the movement

I even built an *kitten* from the above .
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I found the fastest way for me to build a butt is to lift heavy. Yes, squats with body weight are awesome, you really can sculpt your hiney with the stuff everyone recommended, but for me personally, my *kitten* looked the best when I was squatting with over 100 lbs on my shoulders. I don't have room for a gym membership in my budget at the moment, otherwise I'd be in the gym three times a week working the StrongLifts 5x5 program again. Until you can get access to weights, do as much of the exercises listed above and most importantly, squeeze your booty muscles with every exercise.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Squats with heavy weight, dead lift, good mornings.