Anyone have a HEALTHY chicken Salad or egg salad recipe???

Options
I have been craving some! but since i am not sure what goes into the deli kind, i dont get it anymore, id love to make my own!! Ill take any suggestions :)

Replies

• kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I made some awhile ago... I grilled some chicken and then chopped it up, and used plain greek yogurt instead of mayonaise. I threw in some sliced grapes and raisins as well. It was really good!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Mash up some egg whites (and yolks if you want, but I only use 1 yolk @ a time), add in organic mayo and your spices (dashes of paprika, pepper and sea salt are what I use), and green onions-or whatever else you like in it. Once I didn't have organic mayo so I cut it with some cottage cheese, worked pretty well.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Use fat free miracle whip and all white meat chicken breast from a can. I put sunflower seeds in mine sometimes as well as grapes cut up or even olives cut up, green olives.
  • SabrinaM85
    Options
    I melt a wedge or two of laughing cow cheese in a skillet with a bit of water so it turns into a cheesey like sauce. Throw in whatever chicken you are using and let the sauce thicken a bit as you mix it all together.

You can put some taco seasoning in with it if you want more of a taco chicken salad taste. Sometimes I dice up onions and peppers to put in mine!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I use about 8 egg whites and 3 yolks I have an egg slicer so I use that I add a few tablespoons of fat free mayo a big squirt of mustard (until it's a cremy texture) a tablespoon of sweet pickle relish. Sea salt and pepper to taste and I chop up a green onion (or regular onion)

I eat it at least a few times a week, it's sooooo good on a salad and if I use that I don't need dressing. Or just straight out of a bowl!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    This is my dads recipe and have always loved it

2 chicken breasts
    1 fuji apple
    cup or 2 of green grapes
    half cup of sliced almonds
    light mayo
    salt
    pepper

He grills the chicken on a charcoal grill to give it a smoky flavor. Then once its cooked, cut up chicken into small pieces, remove the bone. Slice up apple in small pieces, add to a bowl, along with grapes, almonds, salt & pepper. You need very little mayo, but then again dont want it too dry... add to your liking. Mix all together and enjoy. Makes a lot and good for days. I absolutly love it.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This recipe is from the magic bullet recipe book. You can replace the mayo with greek yogurt, chicken broth or light dressing.

1/4 of a cored apple (about 1/4 cup)
    slice of onion (about 1/8 cup)
    3/4 cup cooked chicken (leftovers, even luncheon meat)
    2 tbsp. walnuts
    1 to 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options

2 chicken breasts
    1 fuji apple
    cup or 2 of green grapes
    light mayo
    salt
    pepper

He grills the chicken on a charcoal grill to give it a smoky flavor. Then once its cooked, cut up chicken into small pieces, remove the bone. Slice up apple in small pieces, add to a bowl, along with grapes, almonds, salt & pepper. You need very little mayo, but then again dont want it too dry... add to your liking. Mix all together and enjoy. Makes a lot and good for days. I absolutly love it.

This sounds yum!! I am totally buying some chicken tomorrow and making this for lunch on Weds!! Thank you :)
    -x-x-
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options

2 chicken breasts
    1 fuji apple
    cup or 2 of green grapes
    light mayo
    salt
    pepper

• maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    We do a similar chix salad using Walnuts, and may use red or green and sometimes both for grapes, add a dash of Celery seeds for taste.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bump.
    sounds yummy all of them
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    thinking I may have to try with some left over turkey
  • darcibean
    Options
    I usually just use leftover grilled chicken breast, a tablespoon of mayo made with olive oil, squirt of mustard, dash of celery seed, pepper, onion, and a teaspoon of sweet relish...and a dash of splenda per serving.
    It's REALLY healthy, filling, and tastes good.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I do curried chicken salad.

Chop up the breasts from a rotesserie chicken
    Add chopped celery, red onion, quartered grapes, handful of golden raisins, pinch of sliced almonds, a diced apple and I do a mix of 3 tablespoons Fage 0% yogurt, 3 tablespoons low fat mayo and curry powder, mix it all together and wait for the flavors to gel, usually overnight is best.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bsweettt
    Options
    bump!
  • bsweettt
    Options
    I usually just boil some chicken breasts, shred them, add some non or low-fat mayo, and some chopped up red grapes! As cheap and simple as it is, it's honestly one of my FAVORITE things to eat! =]
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    Holy crap that sounds absolutely delicious! Thanks for the recipe I'm making it tomaro!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options

2 chicken breasts
    1 fuji apple
    cup or 2 of green grapes
    light mayo
    salt
    pepper

this sounds delicious!! i cant wait to try it. thank you!!
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    bump