Got down size I want - now how to change body quality?

Options
I have lost enough weight with MFP to get down to the size I was when I was 19 years old - I don't want to get any smaller. But I want to look more toned.

So do I need to continue the fat loss, and do weights for muscle toning? I have lost weight before but I have never tried to improve the quality of my body, if you know what I mean. So what do I do, exercise and calorie wise, and type of foods to eliminate/add.

On scooby workshop, do I just keep on going for fat loss, how much percent, etc. And do I need to change the type of food I eat?

Teach me :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Voodoo Lady

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    It sounds like what you're shooting for is body recomposition?

Eat close to maintenance or maintenance.
    Get enough protein (about 1g of protein to each lb of lean body mass)
    Weight training. Check out The New Rules of Lifting for Women or the like.
    Try to be patient and not freak out about scale weight.
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Thank you for the advice, that makes sense.

One question though: I was playing with my macros and things, and when I increase my protein, I looked at a few options, for instance today I thought I would have smoked makrel. That made my fat go over my daily goal. Is it a problem if the fat is too high, even if my calories are o.k.? Is this a common problem when one adds more protein, or should I stick to vegetable sources of protein (I am mostly vegetarian, other than some occasional fish, so I could do that easily if I need to. Thanks again.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Thank you for the advice, that makes sense.

One question though: I was playing with my macros and things, and when I increase my protein, I looked at a few options, for instance today I thought I would have smoked makrel. That made my fat go over my daily goal. Is it a problem if the fat is too high, even if my calories are o.k.? Is this a common problem when one adds more protein, or should I stick to vegetable sources of protein (I am mostly vegetarian, other than some occasional fish, so I could do that easily if I need to. Thanks again.

Mackerel is a particularly oily fish so it will up your fat intake, white fish is less oily/fatty if you're worried about consistently going over your fat macro, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. My fat and protein is usually pretty high because I like eggs. Having "good" fats like fish oils and plant based fats from avocado and the like is good for your joints, hair, skin and eyes etc. Keep eating them.