Meal Prep Ideas?

Options
I've been doing weekly meal prep for about a month now and I'm running out of ideas!

Right now I do 5 lunches and 3 dinners a week, for the nights I work until past dinner time. Every meal is either chicken breast or turkey burger patty, sweet potato and roasted mixed veggies(this week is carrots, green beans, broccoli, and sugar snap peas), and I always season them differently.

It's so easy to prep these things but I'd like some more ideas if anyone has some!

EDIT: I should have mentioned that I don't eat beef, pork, or dairy, and only complex carbs.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I only cook on the weekend. I have a huge collection of single serve Ziplock containers with screw on lids. In those I have: chicken fajita filling, coconut curry with chicken, chicken pesto pasta, spaghetti and meat sauce, ham and bean soup, turkey chili, sirloin steak stir fry, pot roast, pork tenderloin. I also steam a big pot of broccoli, carrots and snow peas. I make rice, sometimes mashed potatoes, sometimes caramelized carrots. These all freeze well and taste just as good when I microwave them at lunch and dinner as they did when they went into the container.
  • kayleighadrianne
    Options
    Chicken fajitas! Great Idea! Thanks!
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of one-dish meals such as stirfries and slow-cooker recipes - soups, stews, chillis, casseroles etc. Then I pack individual containers for the fridge and freezer, and can just grab one for lunch or have one waiting for me for dinner. Really helps when I come home from the gym at night and have food ready.
  • allysteven880
    Options
    I have tried salads with turkey. and it is giving me some weight loss. also i take 1 cup of skimmed milk. I am very worried about my health. I want to lose weight as early as possible.
  • Fodao
    Fodao Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Do you eat fish? I cooked up some tilapia fillets last week with dill, onion, lemon slices, and a bit of olive oil, and it was super-low cal and delicious (but I love fish!) Sided it up with some pan-seared asparagus w/red pepper flakes, some steamed kale, and half a baked sweet potato w/sour cream.
  • harperjs
    harperjs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My rotation: green salad with chicken, chicken fajitas, chicken burrito bowls (cilantro lime rice, black beans, chicken, salsa...can be made in advance and assembled at dinner time), taco soup, minestrone, lentil soup, black bean and salsa soup... Soups I make on Sunday and eat all week for lunch. Filling, satisfying and healthy!
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have one of those counter griddlers, kind of like a George Foreman, so I like to marinate chicken a couple different ways and then grill it up and put it in the fridge. This way if I'm feeling like having some cajun chicken on a salad I can whip up a salad and add the already done chicken. I kabob them too so I have veggie and meat kabobs ready to heat up and eat. Delicious! Grilling year round :smile:
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Wow, such great ideas.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I saute green or red sweet pepper in sesame oil. Sprinkle on red pepper flakes add pinapple chunks and throw in some boiled chicken breasts cut into pieces until warmed through and serve over a mix of wild & brown rice. Now I'm hungry...:sad:
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    tonight we are having chicen burrito bowls, kind of a play on the Chipotle kind

I'm just crockpotting the chicken breasts in salas and taco seasoning and then steaming some brown rice

topping with lettuce and low fat sour cream
  • kayleighadrianne
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great ideas for the next few weeks... my sweet potatoes will probably miss me lol
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Do you eat fish? I cooked up some tilapia fillets last week with dill, onion, lemon slices, and a bit of olive oil, and it was super-low cal and delicious (but I love fish!) Sided it up with some pan-seared asparagus w/red pepper flakes, some steamed kale, and half a baked sweet potato w/sour cream.

That sounds great. I will definitely try this dish.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Fish, salads, tacos (you can find whole grain tortillas/shells)...
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    In for delicious recipes :)
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I often make a big pot of quinoa and cook various veggies, cut up different kinds of fruit and steam salmon. That way I can mix and match through the week...breakfast, lunch, dinner. I also usually make a pot of either pumpkin soup or tomato soup and chop up salad stuff. That allows me lots of variety and I rarely get tired of it.
  • april1445
    Options
    Bump! Wasn't expecting such great ideas. Thanks all.
  • cindyinnc
    cindyinnc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here!
  • prbreyes
    prbreyes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    This was my first meal prep week and I sauteed ground turkey and a little brown rice with a few tablespoons of barbeque sauce. Added in steamed spinach, then grilled asparagus on the side. Pretty darn delicious.