First day of 30DS......

Options
And oh my god I hate that woman!! I thought I was pretty fit generally- I ran a half-marathon! But no, it seems I was wrong. How can I do this for 30 days?!

Replies

• kabochakitty
    kabochakitty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your body will adapt quickly. I did it for about a week and I felt like workout 1 was easy by then (wasn't in that great of shape either). I stopped due to all the jumping though. It felt bad for my feet and knees, but I'm tempted to start up again...
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with that lady myself. It does get easier I promise and its worth it in the end. I pulled out her DVD on Friday with plans to start on Monday but perhaps it may be easier to do this together? Add me if you would like someone to cheer you on and listen to any vents you may need to share with someone else suffering through it with you.
    Dana
  • liagiba1977
    liagiba1977 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did it yesterday for the first time and couldn't do more than 11 min. I am also doing the 6 weeks 6 abs. What drives me nuts is her constant talking. I have been doing the abs one for 10 days now. I know the routine, I wrote it down in case I forget, i play the video with no volume, I listen to my own music. I am planning on doing the same for the 30 days shred. Hopefully by Monday I have memorized most of it and can do them both with my own music and turn off the volume! Hang in there, you will feel better by day 5. I also take a day off every 4 days or I will not be able to continue. After the day off, I feel much better, you can do it!!
  • MissMillieG
    Options
    Day 3 and my legs.... oh GOD my LEGS!!!!! :( I have to go to Zumba tonight. Which will be fine, as long as someone else laces my shoes for me.....
  • ditzie2009
    ditzie2009 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the 30DS and did see results. I am about to start the 6 weeks 6 pack! Quick question (I'm new) how do I add this activity to my exercise as I'm probably being really thick but can't find how to! Thanks and good luck everyone (oh and I'm running my 3rd 1/2 marathon in 3 weeks eeek!)
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty fit but the 30ds really pushes my limits!

By day 10 of level 1 the workout felt manageable.. Keep pushing and your stamina will grow :)
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have done 30DS several times, and the first time I did it, I hated her too! And then I couldn't walk up or down stairs for 3 days, my muscles were so sore!

But just keep on going, do the 2nd day as soon as you can (the first time I did it, I was so sore I couldn't do it for a few days, but now, I work through the soreness and don't skip days), and it gets to the point where you don't get sore any more. By the end of the first week, it is much easier; by the end of the 2nd week you'll be o.k. with it ; and by the end of the 3rd week you won't wanna stop.

I promise!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 today because of all the great before/after pics I've seen. Do any of you combine it with something else? Heard of someone mixing it with other things with great results? The side lunges were what hurt the most for me!
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You will adapt so fast! I promise, after the fourth or fifth day it will be 5 times easier! The second level is the worst. Just saying. haha! But I did it, it worked great until I stopped. So don't stop! Sleep enough, drink enough water, get enough protein, and keep going!!! You will definitely get the results you are looking for! I promise!
  • MissMillieG
    Options
    I think.... (she says, cautiously) ... it might be starting to get a bit easier. I walked up the stairs without crying this morning, anyway! I have been combining with Zumba and swimming, which seem to help work off some of the muscle ache!
  • MissMillieG
    Options
    Although JM is currently referred to in my house as 'the lycra-clad b***h" :)
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have done it, are you meant to do it 7 days a week or take rest days? I did it here and there blended with turbofire a while back, but yesterday decided to start the 30DS exclusively for a bit to build my strength back up. I was never 100% sure if you were meant to take rest days or not.
  • liagiba1977
    liagiba1977 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do 6 w 6 abs every day- 6 days a week, but 30 day shred I do every other day because of the weights. My arms get really sore. I log it as circuit training but I dont use the calculation from my fitness pal. I log it as 250 cal for 30 min in case I am not doing it right. I sometimes think my form is not right because its getting easier...