My weight loss plan for this week. What's yours?

Options
This week I will try to reach 87.5 kg (previous week's lowest weightwas 88.1 kg). SW 106 kg, GW = 80 kg. Will do 40 kilometers of running, 5 kilometers of swimming and some strength training. Will skip no meals and just eat normal healthy meals, like 2000 calories of food per day which is my bmr now (iwhich is crazy, it was 2400 once), so I have enough energy to be able to focus on my work, which is important of course.

So, what do you thin k & what is your plan for this week?

Replies

• jamieevren1210
    Options
    That sounds good. Exercise is excellent.
    I'm trying to reach 55 kg this week. SW 57 kg, GW 50 kg, CW 56.2kg. 170cm female. BMR approx. 1400 and am now eating 1200 kcals a day. Been on diet for 5 days or so and so far I am satisfied with the results. I'm very hungry but my energy levels are way up, I don't know why...
    I'm trying to lose weight because I want to gain it back as muscle, like when I did triathlons and soccer. Means once I reach my weight loss goal, I will start a high-protein weight gain diet.
    Will swim every weekday for 30~45 minutes and run (for the bus) and walk a bit. Also shoot some hoops and play volleyball, maybe.
    Kudos!
  • JasperTheStudent
    Options
    Ambitious!

Good to hear that you're planning to gain weight back after (as muscle)... 50 kg for a 170 cm person is quite low, at least from my perspective (188 cm, GW 80 kg).

But you sound like you are experienced with all this. Good luck with reaching your goals this week, enjoy your meals & your exercise! :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    my weight loss plan eat at TDEE-15% easy peasy

fitness goals...totally different doing my lifting and HIIT for at least 4 days as I am on vacation on Friday and wont be home to exercise on Friday.
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This week I am determined to finally get down into the 160's (77kgs or less). I will do so by avoiding processed carbs, upping my exercise (add 2 gym workouts to my 2 weekly gym classes), and eating salads with protein for at least one meal a day.
  • JasperTheStudent
    Options
    @jamieevren121 - How is it going there?

@SezxyStef - Good luck, nice that you find it easy!

Update - I already did 2.5 km of my swimming (Mo 1.5 km, Tu 1.0 km), half of this week's target. Yesterday I ran for 8 km and today I will do 6. I don't have a problem with my swimming goal of 5 km this week but my running goal (40 km) will be a challenge. Next week's goals will be a bit lower but this week I'll stick to my goals, because I believe that doing what you plan is a good thing to do in general and because I feel good physically, I don't have any reason to believe that I'm heading for some kind of injury, at least not this week. So I will enjoy this goal as a nice challenge! It's not the heaviest thing I've done in my life so I'll be fine.

And I'm already running consistently for many months, though my swimming is less consistent. It's also new that I am trying to do both swimming and running at the same time with such consistency, hence my miscalculation. I now estimate that 32 km of running and 4 km of swimming is a more suitable goal. So I will change my goal after this week.

Never had an injury from training too much and I prevent them in this way; by listening to my body and logic and being willing to adapt my goals when needed.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    2500 calories a day, 40% carbs, 30% protein and fats, 31 years old, 5'11, 185 lbs, desk job and 5-6 hours of P90X3 a week. I don't care for weight loss, i care about muscle retention and pure fat loss.

BTW, you can skip meals all you want, as long as you make up for those calories later. Total consumption is much more important.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to simply move the scale downward. I've been stuck/maintaining for a few weeks. I'm really happy that I've kept with my fitness plan, but I'm getting a little lax with the calories. Time to tighten up a smidge.