Day one. Again.

Options
Day one.. again.

It has been over a year and some before my last day one. I always do well the first few weeks/months. I am tired of just doing well for that amount of time.

I have two beautiful daughters and an amazing husband to be healthy for. Let us not forget for myself.

I joined the gym in my office building. So no excuses during bad or cold weather. The ONLY time I have to work out is at lunch. My alarm already goes off at 5:20 and I go to bed at 11-12 .. I do this because after 8pm, after my children are in bed, my husband and I work on our websites ( we take it as our second jobs). No excuses about not having time. I found SOME time. I just have to get to it.

I struggle with food. Who doesn't right?

I am scared. I am ebarrassed.. this is hard. all over again.

Replies

• dariazeoli
    dariazeoli Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I hear you on the "doing well the first few weeks/months." I've done it before, and I know I can do it. But I need to sustain it.

I give you credit for functioning on that amount of sleep. I need my eight hours or I am a beast. If you can find the time, so can the rest of us!

Good luck!
  • clodia2
    Options
    Day one.. again.

It has been over a year and some before my last day one. I always do well the first few weeks/months. I am tired of just doing well for that amount of time.

I have two beautiful daughters and an amazing husband to be healthy for. Let us not forget for myself.

I joined the gym in my office building. So no excuses during bad or cold weather. The ONLY time I have to work out is at lunch. My alarm already goes off at 5:20 and I go to bed at 11-12 .. I do this because after 8pm, after my children are in bed, my husband and I work on our websites ( we take it as our second jobs). No excuses about not having time. I found SOME time. I just have to get to it.

I struggle with food. Who doesn't right?

I am scared. I am ebarrassed.. this is hard. all over again.

Don't be scared or embarrassed. You're finding your routine. It sounds like you have a great plan. Just keep us posted, keep yourself accountable, and you'll do this!
  • cmurda26
    Options
    Don't worry, you've got it. Don't approach it with a constant 100% all-heatlhy food mentality and you'll be fine.
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    the fact is you care about your family and your health enough to try.
    It doesn't matter that it's "again".
    each day is a new "again" isn't it?
    take it one day, one meal, one activity at a time.
    wishing you great success, health and fitness!
  • dconn3114
    dconn3114 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm trying this. Again! I think that we can do it or we wouldn't keep trying. There's gotta be something there that tells us to keep going. Let's be kind to our selves and just focus on what we can do today. I think the key to my friends' weight loss is tracking what they eat and how they move. Let's just do this. Track. No matter what. If you work out, great. If you don't, eat better. I think you will be successful this time. Cheering for you (and me!) to do it this time.
  • Surecutie
    Surecutie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You never really fail until you stop trying. Sometimes it takes a bucket if "agains" to get to " finally." You can do this!
  • I am in the same position as you, haven't used this for over a year and after a particularly horrible realisation that not only have I put the 16lbs I lost last year back on, I have not had my boyfriend tell me I *look* nice since around November 2013. It occurred to me he has pointed out my hair, nails, new clothes or make up looking nice but not ME. I'm certain he isn't intentionally doing this or trying to hurt me but I'm afraid maybe he doesn't find me attractive anymore.

I always try to force myself to take the healthy option but I have recently moved to a different country and only just now gotten the hang of transport, making new friends and sorting finances to incorporate a gym membership etc. I've lost all confidence and to be honest I have started this again because I am now the heaviest I've ever been and I'm sick of feeling like a monster compared to every girl I stand beside. I hope this time I can lose it all, just seems like a really terrifying task right now.
  • SewSweets
    SewSweets Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it - you're here - so let's do this! I've also fallen off the wagon a few times. But I've really hit the point this time that I feel like it's now or never. I'm just going to keep moving no matter what - and keep logging no matter what. That is what keeps me honest.
  • WheezyFbb
    WheezyFbb Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The secret for sustained weight loss is to find a diet that works for you. Something that you can see yourself doing for the rest of your life without too much difficulty. If it doesn't become part of your lifestyle, then chances are it won't last past the honeymoon phase. It doesn't have to be some crazy program that will make you drop 10-20 lbs a month. Instead shoot for 0.5 to 1 lb per week. Easy does it. Exercise and cardio is important as well, but don't become a slave to it. You can get all the benefits of cardio and exercise by going 3 times a week. No need to go 5-7 times a week if you don't have the time. Basically, don't let getting healthy take over your entire life, let it become a small part of your life.

Also, you really need to sleep more. Running on 5 hours of sleep is really short changing yourself. It basically makes your entire life harder, from thinking to losing weight. Look up some of the research on sleep deprivation and take steps to add an hour or two to your pillow time. Your body will thank you for it.
  • eparana1
    eparana1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!!!
  • landiekate
    landiekate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That sounds really hectic! Jeez, and I complain about having so much to do now! D:
    Hang in there, it's SO worth it! This is kind of my "day 1 again" too. I've been working out and eating healthy (and using my MFP) since 2012. Since then, I've lost about 55lbs the healthy way.

However, when my boyfriend and I had to move (from a nice, private, cozy home into an apartment with paper-thin walls and ridiculous neighbors), I stopped working out and eating right, hit a plateau and gave up for a while. My workouts and "diet" weren't (and haven't been) consistent, so I completely stopped seeing progress.

Now we've moved AGAIN. And this time, I'm sticking to it. My confidence has been nothing more than a downward spiral since I've been living a crappy, unhealthy lifestyle..and I'm ready for that to change.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I had to let go of the "starting over again" mentality. It seemed that starting over always went hand-in-hand with a final binge that is never final. It's a continuum; this my life; these are my eating habits. I'm not starting over, I'm continuing, trying to change bad habits into better habits one day at a time.