Excuses you made before.

Options

Replies

• YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    "I don't look my weight."

I don't know if it denial or what but I honestly still think that, however, I no longer use it as an excuse to be the weight I am. I want to have a healthy bmi. I want to have a GOOD resting heart rate, because mine is so poor atm.
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    I have big bones
  • AusEliza
    AusEliza Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You only live once, funny I know. I still use that excuse, but in a way to get myself in shape.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Part was I just always thought I wasn't that big, or I was a little overweight but not a lot. I also did the whole "I eat healthy ish so it must just be the way I am".

Also this.

There was one time in my 20's right after college when I very drastically restricted my intake, and lost quite a lot in a short period of time. I went from 290 to 227 quickly by eating just rice with butter, steamed carrots, and drinking tons of diet soda...and honestly looked pretty gaunt and ill in my face. Even though I was still obese.

So I would use that as my excuse too..."I look bad below 240". Now I see that I don't look like that when I lose weight in a slower healthy manner!
  • britgetsfit1
    britgetsfit1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    "People still like me at this size...I should eventually like myself..."
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I usually ignored it, and told myself I wasn't that bad off.
  • dclark566
    dclark566 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have too much to do, there isn't time

Making time best decision ever!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I simply denied that I was fat, stayed away from the scale and mirrors. When clothes stopped fitting, I convinced myself that they must have shrunk in the dryer. Really. I have lost the weight and now can wear those "shrunken" sweaters again. LOL!

That...tight pants were due to just being bloated
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    "I don't want to be smelly all day!" Because, you know, taking a shower is SO hard when you're a SAHM apparently. :noway: I had this idea that changing my schedule would be just AWFUL. And then I realized I was being stupid, and even if I don't get to shower right away, who cares?! I'll be clean before I leave the house, or before I go to bed.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    "I'll start tomorrow"
    "My boyfriend says I look good, so as long as he is happy"

All stupid reasons, I'm so glad I took the first step and never looked back!
  • aapmal
    aapmal Posts: 11
    Options
    I always used the excuse "I dont look THAT bad", but sadly I really did. It wasn't until a co-worker of mine mistakenly called me by one of my other co-workers names (and she's a hefty size as well). He said that we looked that same from the back and I was horrified because I didn't think I had gotten that big. That same week I decided to eat healthier and dropped 8 pounds with minimal exercise. Now I've been stepping it up with workouts I enjoy and feeling a lot better about myself. Feel free to add me! I would love to hear more of everyone's stories and to motivate one another. Thanks!
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've always been thin, but not particularly fit so I rationalized that I wasn't as bad off as I could be. I figured, shucks I'm only 21, ain't nobody got time for counting calories and worrying about exercise. Then this past summer I had to turn down an offer to compete for the Miss Washington USA pageant, but when I saw photos of the woman who won and competed for the Miss USA national title I realized two things: 1) I wouldn't have stood a chance physically and 2) hey that wouldn't be so impossible to achieve. That sort of kicked me into dropping the passive approach I had toward my physical health. Whether or not I go back and compete in the future, I'm proud of myself for tackling the challenge:)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I remember one time I read one of those dumb chain e-mails that said your heart only gets so many beats in a lifetime so don't waste them on exercise. I knew it was bogus, but I used that as an excuse.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It is hard to lose weight over 50. I bought it, hook, line and sinker. Truth is that it is hard at any age, but no harder over 50.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I simply denied that I was fat, stayed away from the scale and mirrors. When clothes stopped fitting, I convinced myself that they must have shrunk in the dryer. Really. I have lost the weight and now can wear those "shrunken" sweaters again. LOL!

^^ 100% spot on. Though some clothes did in fact shrink (because my boyfriend likes to try to do my laundry) a lot of it had to do with quitting smoking, eating more and moving less. I now have a scale and I weight myself every friday morning religiously and I don't eat for entertainment.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    "I'm married, work full-time, and have a 2.5 year old. I don't have time to go to the gym."

Solution: 24 Hour Fitness membership and going after I put my little one to bed, which sometimes puts me at the gym at 10 p.m., when I have to be up at 5 a.m., but I do it, anyway.

Because nothing changes, if nothing changes.
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options
    "I'm married, work full-time, and have a 2.5 year old. I don't have time to go to the gym."

Solution: 24 Hour Fitness membership and going after I put my little one to bed, which sometimes puts me at the gym at 10 p.m., when I have to be up at 5 a.m., but I do it, anyway.

Because nothing changes, if nothing changes.

^ your damn right a 24hr fitness gym lol

I have a 3year old, I can't even get the results I want why even try, or the oh if I skip a day it won't hurt which turned into two, then three, then two months later I was miserable and jiggly and I said forget this I'm sick of being inconsistent I WILL achieve what I want.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    "I'm too tired/worn out" was my BIGGEST one.

Last night I was dead beat, it'd been a super long day and I was exhausted physically and mentally. I thought about skipping my workout. Then I realized that the OLD me would have skipped it. This new me was not about to. So I worked out and guess what! I felt great!
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    "I don't look my weight."

I don't know if it denial or what but I honestly still think that, however, I no longer use it as an excuse to be the weight I am. I want to have a healthy bmi. I want to have a GOOD resting heart rate, because mine is so poor atm.

This was me! People always said I carried my weight well or that I didn't look like I weighed that much. I had to realize, I do weigh that much and it is only getting worse. Even if I carry my weight well, it isn't a healthy one. Maybe then I can carry less weight even better ;)
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    "I don't have the time". That was my favorite excuse before. I MAKE the time now. Instead of watching some tv show, I use the time to exercise. Everyone has the same 24 hours. You can find 30 minutes here and there each day to exercise. Get up a little earlier or skip a tv show in the evening or go to bed a little later...just find the time.

This has always been mine too! I work full time and I am going to grad school in the evenings, so time was always my biggest excuse. But, for the past month I have been waking up at 4 AM to work out, and it has paid off! I feel more energetic throughout the day and I star the day knowing my workout is complete which is a wonderful feeling. It only took a week before 4 AM became a habit and easier to get up!