The Weight-Loss Gods Are Smiling

Options
millerll
millerll Posts: 873 Member
Against my better judgement, I decided to make a pecan pie this Thanksgiving. I know it's bad for me, but I'd never made one before and I love them. I'd read how easy they were to make, so I thought I'd give it a try. I followed the recipe to the letter and anxiously awaited my sweet treat.

After dinner, I cut into my succulent concoction, and................I can epoxy sheet metal with this stuff. I can do body work on my car; I can repair the soles of my sneakers; I can fix a leaky faucet; I can put a spoonful of this on my hard hat and hang suspended from a construction beam; I can.....

Well, I think you get the point. Total fail. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but the pie came out with the consistency of a year-old Sugar Daddy (bonus points to the baby-boomers who know what that is). Since I'd put so much work into it, I carved (more like jack-hammered) a piece off that bad boy and mucked it on down. Totally was not worth the calories, but there was a principal involved, ya know? I ended up chucking the whole thing in the trash. Probably just as well - I'd still be in the gym working it off! Sometimes things have a way of working out for the best.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Replies

• rescuepete
    rescuepete Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Subconsciously sabotaged pecan pie. I love it.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    don't feel bad. those gods didn't want me serving turkey cupcakes one year, either. :grumble:

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

THIS one barely passed....

turkey.jpg
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks to BOTH of you - I so needed to LMAO!
  • swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad. those gods didn't want me serving turkey cupcakes one year, either. :grumble:

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

THIS one barely passed....

turkey.jpg

Turkey cupcakes FTW!!! LOLOL
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    My god...those cupcakes are hilarious! But they probably tasted great. I'll bet they looked great when Martha Stewart made them! :tongue:

Thanks for making me feel better!
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    From experience, I would say it could have been the corn syrup, you used. Sometimes, an off brand or out dated sugar, will sabatoge a dessert. Pecan pie is my favorite, but I pasted this year. Turkey cupcake, now that would happen to me. Were they warm when you iced them? Or margarine instead of butter? I bake alot, and have had alot of fails, don't give up.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    :laugh: What a hoot ya'll are!:laugh:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Those sad little turkeys are too funny! OMG :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    As far as the pie goes do yourself a favor and at Christmas buy a SLICE from marie callendars or somewhere and really enjoy it, kill the craving and move on in to the new year with that pie behind you! Everything really does happen for a reason I see the reason with hte pie not too sure about the turkey's though!! :bigsmile: :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!