Day 1 And Need Help...

Options
Hi, today is my first day in my 60 pound weight loss journey. I am 5'7 and currently at a weight of 204 pounds. I need help, I have tried everything it seems. Diet pills, fasting, working out intensely, and diets. But I always have the same results on the scale. Maybe some diet tips, and some exercise recommendations would be wonderful.

A little about me:

I am very busy, so I don't really have a lot of time to work out, I have about an hour in the morning, and an hour at night. That's pretty much the only time I have due to my busy schedule. Also, I love to dance, it has always been a passion of mine and would like that to somehow be in my workout schedule. I also don't drink anything but water. But was thinking about doing a lemon cleanse to detoxify my body before starting my journey, and doing a cleansing once a month. I also have a son, his name is Brooks. So easy meals would be wonderful if can be.

If you have any tips or plans that you could share it would be great, thank you.

Replies

• dconn3114
    dconn3114 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am just starting this journey too! I think the hardest thing to do is break this journey down into very small, specific goals and build from there. I have this all or nothing mentality that I'm trying to break. I think a cleanse is a good idea. Everything I've read has said it helps and that eating healthy is 90% of weight loss. So tracking food is crucial for me. I just eat too many calories. So, one day at a time! Hope you have a great day!!!
  • Memorableheart
    Memorableheart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello. You can workout for 30 minutes in the morning within the free hour that you have. Also I drank water with lemon juice in it also well plus green tea or Oolong tea. You might can put on some music and dance for 30 minutes or find a 20 to 30 minutes dance workout dvd.
  • ChangeForMyBetter
    Options
    I am just starting this journey too! I think the hardest thing to do is break this journey down into very small, specific goals and build from there. I have this all or nothing mentality that I'm trying to break. I think a cleanse is a good idea. Everything I've read has said it helps and that eating healthy is 90% of weight loss. So tracking food is crucial for me. I just eat too many calories. So, one day at a time! Hope you have a great day!!!

Thank you! I also heard that only stepping on the scale once a week can also help because you are giving your results time to form. I have the same problem, and I grab quick foods on the run with a little one around so it usually isn't all healthy! I wish you luck in your weight loss journey! Have a wonderful day as well! :)
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    Set a reasonable goal. Follow your cals. Eat to fuel your body not to fill time/emotions..... Don't try to eat too you are full but instead eat till not hungry. Weigh all food you eat for accuracy.

As far as working out there are people like me who only do it 3x a week and others who do it more. This is up to you and the time you have available.

Good luck!