Confusion Over Calorie Intake.

Options
Hi Ive been doing well over the last month (1stn roughly in 5 weeks)
I am using the app , and I read somewhere that in order for 4lb P/W Ioss its 1500 per day. I know thats wrong. But what figure should I be aiming for ? My daily intake is 2240 apparently, and I aim between 800-1000 burnt on the exercise bike per day. Should I be looking at my Net intake or Remaining? Also does anyone know what the Net or Remaining Calorie figure should be perday to lose 4lb P/W
Cheers

Replies

• EthanTheBrave
    EthanTheBrave Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You're just supposed to be getting below/at your net calorie goal per day.

Just be completely honest about the exercise you do and the food you eat, and follow the app. About once every week or two check in what your weight is so it can re calibrate.

The most weight loss setting for MyFittnessPal is 2lbs / week. Just do that. The point is to lose weight in a slow, tempered way so that you can keep that weight long after you're done losing.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Use the Goals on the dashboard of your home page (MY Home).
    Use a computer if the app doesn't have it. Key in your information and it works it all out for you.
    4lbs a week is probably unrealistic in some ways - only because it might set you up to fail.
    Put your exercise in as you do it each day and chose to eat it back or not, whatever is your preference. Most knowledgeable people around MFP talk about eating back exercise calories.
    Its important not to be too strict with yourself as this can lead to binge break out eating and giving up.:flowerforyou:
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Is 3lb safe? (Thinking of it more of a compromise )
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It largely depends on how much you weight. Aiming for 1% of your total body weight per week at the most is probably a good starting point.