Need some support!

Options
I'm ready to start anew! I have lost weight before with weightwatchers, but I dont have the money or the time to go back. I think one of the reasons WW worked for me was the support of everyone with a common goal. I am trying out this site hoping that I can meet some people with a common goal to help push and inspire me and maybe I can do the same for someone else.

Replies

• britw02
    Options
    Hey! I am looking for some support as well. I have fallen off of my dieting and exercise a bit and am trying to get back into it. We should set some goals and check in through the week. I need motivation!
  • tranz4md1
    tranz4md1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello Erin & Brit- we so can do this. i have downloaded the mfp app on my phone and made them my friend on facebook. i think the best way to support is our determination and us purposely taking care of ourselves. let's not let anything or anyone stand in the way of that. I am praying that everyone working on being that healthy being they were made to be are successful in every way. take care guys. i know we will have nothing but posts of inspiration and amazing results. look to hear from you all soon.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    welcome! I'm a former WW girl, too. It was successful for me also, but the community here is great and it's FREE! What I'm really liking about doing it without WW is that I'm learning so much more about my body and what it really needs for me to reach my goal. Before I was just focused on a number but didn't really care about sodium levels or really understand how my workouts gave me more "points".

Stick with it, log your food and be active here in the community forums. There's a lot of great info & wonderful people here :)
  • erinczRN
    Options
    I think thats a good idea! My main goal for this first week is to stay in my calorie limit every day and to track every thing I eat/drink!
  • britw02
    Options
    That's a great goal. I am going to do the same this week and really try hard to drink more water. My goal is to lose 1.5 lbs a week.
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome Erin,

I too am a former WW girl (lifer actually). Had great success, but don't have the time or money. I also did JC last year and also had success, but that was way expensive and I really didn't like my consultant or any of them for that matter. This has been the best. I really love MFP. I've been here for I guess 4 months and have lost about 27 lbs. It is really great. And as virgirrox said, it's free and the support I have gotten has been amazing. It has helped to keep me accountable and is very realistic. There is no judgement here, just great support!!

So WELCOME! Friend me and I'm here for you!!! All the best!
  • tranz4md1
    tranz4md1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i have started to walk again-on treadmill and outside. also along with mfp app, i have downloaded the cardiofitness app. it is so awesome. i highly recommend it. it is free and you can also download the turkey burner app. to work the cardiotrainer app, whenever you are about to workout, just turn it on-it works like a pedometer but it counts calories burned as well as miles or steps taken. it even turns on music and uses your playlist if available. i had been using it on the treadmill, but it works better when you walk or run outside.

the turkey burner app ismotivating to me as well. u have to burn 3000 to get rid of the turkey and it works along with the cardiotrainer app and they both can be tracked online and on facebook. it doesn't have a support community though.

i hope this can be helpful to someone.

i just restarted, and in my second day in-plan of attack:
    focus on my relationship with God and myself- this time i am keeping this about me and Him and no one else. always trying to take care of everyone else- but this time-it's all about me.

next i will do what i have found works best for my body-which is increased veggies, increased lean meats, decreased breads, pastas, yatta yatta yatta, decreased sodas, sugars. increased exercise and INCREASED SUPPORT. i normally don't get into the support thing-but this i feel will lead to some accountability.

let's do this-let the transformation begin.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Hi! I used to do WW too and this is sooo much better! Been on here every day since the end of July, making a feeble attempt at following a primal diet/lifestyle, and I have lost almost 50 pounds! I have never met many of the people on my friends list but they encourage me every single day. MFP is a great site! Friend me if you want, we can do this :)
  • NikiDavis
    Options
    Hi! I just joined about a week ago and have found the folks here to be very motivational and supportive. I've made some fast friends, too. Welcome aboard.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • britw02
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    This is the 1st day that I'm am officially on track with my diet and exercise. It's exciting to have a goal @ hand and know that you're working hard to accomplish it. How is everyone doing this morning?
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I only started a couple of weeks ago and was doing well but sort of fell off wagon so to speak with my TOM this weekend. I could use all the support I can get. I love the idea of setting up exercise and food goals with some other people and then checking in once a week to see how we are all doing. Let me know if anyone is interested. And welcome to MFP.

Thanks!!
  • britw02
    Options
    We all get off track sometimes, but we're all in this together with similar goals.
    I like to do the best I can during the week and weigh in once a week to see my progress.