:*(

Options
2»

Replies

• Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Keep trying and you'll eventually see results. Weight loss takes time and a lot of times, the results are not immediatley visible. Hang in there!!!

Shannon
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Have you seen your doctor? There might be something medially wrong if you're following the program and not seeing results. They can medicate it and you'll see mondo results right away (take it from me. I struggled for years, this is my second time on MFP, but I'm medicated this time and it WORKS!)

I have epilepsy so a weight loss pill most likely won't be recommended. I can't even take sleeping pills, drink alcohol, get minimum amounts of sleep because it causes me to have seizures. I know I can lose the weight I just don't know why it's not showing as quickly as I would have liked.

I wasn't talking about a weight loss pill. I was talking about medicating me for my issues: high thryoid numbers and PCOS. By medicating the underlying conditions, I have been able to steadily take off 1.5-2 lbs/week for 6 months. My point was that you need to see if there is an underlying condition that could be causing your body to naturally retain the weight making your body less responsive to your healthy changes. I have tried before and not been able to achieve results because my body naturally wants to hold on to things. Also, because you're epileptic, your medications may be causing weight gain which will make it more difficult to lose the weight. It may not give you help, but at least you'd have an answer
  • amie1979
    Options
    just keep at it!! i didnt notice any weight that came off me for months, till others pointed it out to me. truth be told, i still dont see it all that much, but i can tell a difference in my clothes, and how i feel. it seems you got the right tools, and some really good pointers, so give yourself a time frame, and maybe dont weight yourself till the end. you might be suprised to see the numbers are lower, maybe even more than expected!!

one thing to remember, you didnt put all the weight on in a few days, it wont come off that fast either! (i have to remind myself of this too!)_
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    try upping your water. 8 glasses is the *minimum*. with sodium levels that high, you can't try to balance that out some by really getting some water extra water in.