1200 with workouts and no weight loss?!?? Help

Options

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Give it time. It may be that those 3/4 of a pound is water weight, especially if you've only been at this for a week. And make sure you're measuring everything. At 5 feet, it's hard to create a large deficit, so it may be that you lost half a pound, but what looks like a gain is water weight or something else - my point is, it's probably not fat. Just be patient and keep at it!! (I'm 5 ft, so I know where you're coming from and how frustrating it can be when you don't see a loss!)
  • bridiew
    bridiew Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You did get some help, so listen to what they have said. Your goal is really too low. I'm 5'1" and would look frightening at 95 pounds.

Now, are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, do that for a week or two and see how you feel.

I actually never once said my goal was 95lb!
    I'm gonna try eating back exercise kcals after next week if there's stil no loss
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Fab!! Got zero help! Cheers

You did get help! Just listen to what people told you.
  • bridiew
    bridiew Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking to 1200., working out at least 5 times per week doing 50ish mins of 10k interval training . Eating very nutritiously with occasional treats but generally very balanced! Bit I've not lost any weight this week!!!! Help please check my diary and let me know what I'm doing wrong?!? Thanks

Make sure you have calculated your TDEE and eating enough calories (you not be eating enough so metabolism slows down). Are you doing any resistance training? Dont forget - muscle weighs more than fat so you may be losing body fat but scales say otherwise.

Give yourself at least one treat meal a week to 'trick' your body.

Also, having just looked your diary - cookies for breakfast isn't exactly healthy and nutritious! If you're trying to lose body fat, try to keep refined sugar to a minimum, including no cakes, biscuits, etc. Some will tell you to eat that sort of stuff if your calorie goal allows, but consider 'good calories' and 'bad calories'. You're not going to eat a load of cake each day just because your calories for the day allow it...allow yourself these foods as a treat

Ill have a look at how to calculate my TDEE......

Haha I know cookies for breakfast was a terrible idea in anger and defiance when I weighed in :( fool! But the rest of the week has been very good and I very rarely have bad things. If I have carbs it is seeds, wholegrains oats etc!
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

TDEE calculator

Also, throw your scale away. This is the worse measurement of progress you can use. Go by what you see in the mirror. If you MUST weigh yourself, do it once a month.

If your calories are dialed in, you will lose weight. Weighing yourself weekly will only frustrate you, as the body goes through cycles of water gain and loss constantly... sometimes up to 4-5lbs in a single day. Plus the fact muscle weighs 3-4x more than fat, it's easy to think you're not progressing, when you really are.

Hit your caloric amounts, drink lots of water and don't sweat the scale, the weight will come off. I've worked with hundreds of people over the years, this has never failed.
  • imju5tme
    imju5tme Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No one is trying to misquote you. Earlier, on your profile (yup, I looked earlier) I believe it did say that your goal was to get to 95 lbs, being "underweight, skinny thighs, and bikini hips"... That is what those particular comments are addressing. Noticed that you amended your profile.

People aren't trying to attack you, just trying to make sure you stay healthy (particularly since your profile mentions your success in overcoming 2 bouts of ED) in your efforts. :flowerforyou:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    * Oops, just saw the ED reference. Deleted my comment..
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    All I can see here is that you really really really need to do some REAL research and gain some education on nutrition. Carbs are NOT bad for you. You can't gain muscle in a deficit. You will GAIN weight if you are putting on muscle and the scale doesn't mean jack ****. BMI is a garbage way to measure fitness. I am just inside in the "overweight" category and I am not overweight, I'm just very muscular for a girl. Anyone who has a decent amount of muscle risks being in the overweight category or even obese, when they are not at all fat.

Another issue here is that you came on asking for help from randos and then balked at the fact that they were telling you to do something differently then what YOU decided is the right thing. Why even come here and ask for help and then not listen. I have a name for people like that.... Askholes.

If you are so stuck on eating 1200 calories, then why even ask for help? Seems like trolling to me. In order to ask for help, you need to be open to suggestions from people more successful and experienced at this than you.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    You did get some help, so listen to what they have said. Your goal is really too low. I'm 5'1" and would look frightening at 95 pounds.

Now, are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, do that for a week or two and see how you feel.

I actually never once said my goal was 95lb!
    I'm gonna try eating back exercise kcals after next week if there's stil no loss

Your original profile (before all of your edits) screamed eating disorder. (Where you did list your "ultimate goal weight" at 95 pounds and your desire for skinny thighs and bikini hips.) And magically you have recovered from said eating disorder since you started this thread. I hope you seek a professional and get better.
  • sandra041110
    sandra041110 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Bridie, I had a look at your diary. You don't seem to be taking calories burned during exercise into consideration. So, your caloric intake is probably much less than you realise. The recommended minimum calorie intake is 1200 calories. It's not healthy to be consistently under this number. If you are, then your body doesn't get the energy and nutrition it needs and eventually your weight plateaus. Your metabolism slows down and you stop losing weight. My advice to you would be to increase your calories to accommodate the exercise you are doing and maybe even a little higher than that, and also, eat more protein!
    Good luck with your weight loss x
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from and I dont think you need professional help... But think of it this way, Maybe youre gaining muscle (Cause it does weigh more than fat) and you're probably also loosing inches. Have you tried measuring your neck, thighs, waist? Sometimes weight is an inaccurate way to measure changes in your body. So maybe try something different (like Measuring). Either way keep it up, cause you're doing everything right and in time you will see changes start to happen.. Unfortunately, its a long ride! GOOD LUCK! :)
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Oh god no way! I'm 5 ft. I used to be 7 stone and I was a healthy bmi! But I had no muscle now training I don't expect to get anywhere near my old weight as I will be all muscle! And I'm not worried about a gain although I am at the very top of my healthy bmi... I'm just checking that I'm doing it all correctly as I have never trained properly before and would prefer to start correctly rather than find out after a few months I've been doing it all wrong!
    [/quote]

I'm 5ft 0.5" and at the very tippy top of my healthy bmi. Before doing any exercise I eat 1425 calories and then I eat back my calories and I'm losing nearly 0.5lbs per week. Also have a look at your macros, make sure you are getting enough protein and good fats.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you start by eating your exercise calories (min you should net is 1200 cal) and hide the scale for at least 4 weeks. If you feel you must keep track, then take progress pics and measurements :) You might think that this won't help, but I think you will be surprised! There are many threads on here that promote the 'eat more to lose' method cause it works! You seem to be exercising a lot and you need to fuel your body! :) Food is your body's fuel! :) If you don't fuel your body enough, it will 'hold' on to whatever it can! So make sure you eat enough :)

I increased from 1200 to 1700 and I lost weight and continued to lose weight.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Give it some more time and try weights... nothing more than 4-5 pounds. Building muscle will help weight come off especially since it sounds like you've reached a plateau with just watching calories and completed cardio with running.

What?

At OP's caloric intake they're not going to build any muscle, let alone if OP were to only lift 4-5lb weights.
  • paulasbrady
    Options
    Your breakfast is part of the problem. YOu are eatign too many sugary foods and carbs (cereals are carbs) for your first meal of the day - your sugar levels are spiking, you shodul be lookign for something wth a more steady release. When you have too much sugar your body produces insulin to remove the sugar from your blood and store it for energy in our muscles. However when those stores are full then these sugars are stored as fat and can cause weight gain. Suggest you rotate the breakfasts eggs, ham cheese, bacon, eg protein more breakfast to start the day. Also you need to eat back the exercise calories or as previous comments advise your metabolim will slow down due to lack of nutritions and energy etc . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycemic_index
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Sigh. There is so much wrong in this thread. Herp Derp. :yawn: :huh: :noway:
  • RobinME
    RobinME Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi I think you need to eat more honey
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking to 1200., working out at least 5 times per week doing 50ish mins of 10k interval training . Eating very nutritiously with occasional treats but generally very balanced! Bit I've not lost any weight this week!!!! Help please check my diary and let me know what I'm doing wrong?!? Thanks

Make sure you have calculated your TDEE and eating enough calories (you not be eating enough so metabolism slows down). Are you doing any resistance training? Dont forget - muscle weighs more than fat so you may be losing body fat but scales say otherwise.

Give yourself at least one treat meal a week to 'trick' your body.

Also, having just looked your diary - cookies for breakfast isn't exactly healthy and nutritious! If you're trying to lose body fat, try to keep refined sugar to a minimum, including no cakes, biscuits, etc. Some will tell you to eat that sort of stuff if your calorie goal allows, but consider 'good calories' and 'bad calories'. You're not going to eat a load of cake each day just because your calories for the day allow it...allow yourself these foods as a treat

Ill have a look at how to calculate my TDEE......

Haha I know cookies for breakfast was a terrible idea in anger and defiance when I weighed in :( fool! But the rest of the week has been very good and I very rarely have bad things. If I have carbs it is seeds, wholegrains oats etc!

Try this site - pretty good and widely recommended: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Your body is starving. You are NOT eating enough.