1200 with workouts and no weight loss?!?? Help

Options
13»

Replies

• wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Before I went on vacay, I exercised hard every single day (running up to 8 miles per session), kept my cals under 1500 and I didn't lose a single pound. But I did look better! My theory is that I store a lot of water from working out and it takes a couple days to flush out. If you aren't suffering from over training: getting sick, having insomnia or generally feeling under the weather, then your body is doing either building muscle or storing water. Not great for scales but great for looks.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Fab!! Got zero help! Cheers

Well, you didn't like the help you got, which was to wait longer and eat more. If you're not gonna listen to people who have actually reduced their body fat and built muscle, then don't bother asking.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    You need to eat way more than 1200 calories with the amount of exercise you are doing. Simple as that.
  • bridiew
    bridiew Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So I checked my TDEE and it says with workouts 5 times per week I should be eating kcals 1382! This isn't a lot more than my 1200?! And that takes into account the exercise kcals! So I've upped my intake to 1382 kcal and had an omelette for breakfast instead of my shake or porridge.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You did get some help, so listen to what they have said. Your goal is really too low. I'm 5'1" and would look frightening at 95 pounds.

Now, are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, do that for a week or two and see how you feel.

I actually never once said my goal was 95lb!
    I'm gonna try eating back exercise kcals after next week if there's stil no loss

I was wondering where people were getting that goal from myself as you never mentioned it and your profile says your goal is 105 which is not a bad goal for someone who is 5'. I will say that muscle weight is more than fat weight.

Myself, I got stuck on a plateau pretty quick when I first started this journey. I was also doing 1200 calories a day and I just couldn't drop any weight. I went up to 1350 and it started coming off. This go round I was doing 1460 calories which is what MFP suggested to me and not dropping weight after a month solid of going to the gym so I've gone down to 1350 again. All of our bodies are different so it is hard to give someone advice because what works for one might not work for you.

I think you are on the right track by adjusting your daily calories to see if that helps. Also, give it a month at any number to truly see what is going on. A week in terms of weight lose, body changes, etc is really not much.

Good luck!
  • yogacat13
    yogacat13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Um, that sounds like 1382 is your BMR, not your TDEE with 5 days a week of exercise.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    So I checked my TDEE and it says with workouts 5 times per week I should be eating kcals 1382! This isn't a lot more than my 1200?! And that takes into account the exercise kcals! So I've upped my intake to 1382 kcal and had an omelette for breakfast instead of my shake or porridge.

That's probably your BMR, not your TDEE. If you provide your height and exact weight and activity level right now, then we can do the calculation for you.

ETA: Using the info I've gathered from here, you should be eating more like 1800 cals to LOSE weight. That means you will LOSE weight eating at 1800. That's with a 15% deficit which I believe is best for people with under 25lbs to lose.
  • imju5tme
    imju5tme Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You did get some help, so listen to what they have said. Your goal is really too low. I'm 5'1" and would look frightening at 95 pounds.

Now, are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, do that for a week or two and see how you feel.

I'm gonna try eating back exercise kcals after next week if there's stil no loss

I was wondering where people were getting that goal from myself as you never mentioned it and your profile says your goal is 105 which is not a bad goal for someone who is 5'. I will say that muscle weight is more than fat weight.

Myself, I got stuck on a plateau pretty quick when I first started this journey. I was also doing 1200 calories a day and I just couldn't drop any weight. I went up to 1350 and it started coming off. This go round I was doing 1460 calories which is what MFP suggested to me and not dropping weight after a month solid of going to the gym so I've gone down to 1350 again. All of our bodies are different so it is hard to give someone advice because what works for one might not work for you.

I think you are on the right track by adjusting your daily calories to see if that helps. Also, give it a month at any number to truly see what is going on. A week in terms of weight lose, body changes, etc is really not much.

Good luck!

Actually, it WAS in her profile originally. She amended it, so now it says what it does at this point in time. That's why folks were concerned about her goals and commenting as they were. :smile:
  • bridiew
    Options

That's probably your BMR, not your TDEE. If you provide your height and exact weight and activity level right now, then we can do the calculation for you.

ETA: Using the info I've gathered from here, you should be eating more like 1800 cals to LOSE weight. That means you will LOSE weight eating at 1800. That's with a 15% deficit which I believe is best for people with under 25lbs to lose.

Nope my BMR is 1260 and my maintainance kcals are 1843 my weight loss kcals were 1382 or at 15% like you said was 1567. But it said the lowest acceptable for safe weight loss is 1382 so I'm going to aim for 1382 on days I'm not working out and 1450 on days I am
  • bridiew
    Options

Good luck!

Actually, it WAS in her profile originally. She amended it, so now it says what it does at this point in time. That's why folks were concerned about her goals and commenting as they were. :smile:

Was in my online profile from 2 years ago! I use the app usually so forgot about the profile! Only came o line to salt his question and realised it hadn't been amended from 2 years ago! 1.5 years I have been in recovery!
  • yogacat13
    yogacat13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    We are all really glad you're in recovery, and that is why we are genuinely trying to help you.:flowerforyou:
  • bridiew
    Options
    All I really wanted to know was do I eat back my exercise kcals and if so how many of them. Been told about TDEE only to be told that was incorrect too!!
    I am not trying to gain muscle I am trying to train well for my first 10k and being that I was at a steady weight before I was expecting to loose weight after doing the exercise so I was interested as to why I wasn't! All people have done is tell my my goals are wrong and to bloody eat more! I was asking for help on my food diary nt on my goals and not to be told simply to eat more!
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from and I dont think you need professional help... But think of it this way, Maybe youre gaining muscle (Cause it does weigh more than fat) and you're probably also loosing inches. Have you tried measuring your neck, thighs, waist? Sometimes weight is an inaccurate way to measure changes in your body. So maybe try something different (like Measuring). Either way keep it up, cause you're doing everything right and in time you will see changes start to happen.. Unfortunately, its a long ride! GOOD LUCK! :)

Oh god please don't listen to this.

1) You can't gain muscle @ a deficit
    2) Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. It takes up less mass... a pound is a pound no matter what it is.

OP - More than likely you are eating more than you think (are you weighing your foods)