2nd try. Need support.

Options
Hello all. I am coming back for a second try. I had a bad end of year and stress ate myself 10 pounds heavier (Way too easy to do during the holidays.) I am just coming off the Clean Cleanse which I did because my blood sugar and stomach were having problems, but the benefit is that I lost the 10 pounds on the cleanse and I am pretty much back to where I left off. I am worried that when I come off the cleanse in three days that I am going to go back to old habits too quickly and lose all that progress. Last time I used the tracking program, but did not get involved in the community. This time around I realized I could use the extra support and accountability. Anyone willing to be a support friend or in some good support groups? Thanks in advance and hope to get to know a few of you better! =)

Replies

• caatredactual
    Options
    hello everyone on MFP my name is david and ive been in a slump for years, im a former marine with three combat tours and got out in 2004- when I got out I was married wth a kid and she was very lazy when it came to eating right and such and now we have been divorced since 2009 and I remarried to another woman this last year and now shes pregnant and I want my old self back, here in the central cali valley there aren't a ton of jobs and ive been looking for a while which has led to a lot of depression and eating...I got pneumonia in the first week of January and found out I was 364 pounds the most ive ever been and have been on it since then, jumping down to 331.4 as of two weeks or so ago,ive gained a few back these last two weeks out of frustration with my environment...tryng hard to stay focused and push on but this valley im anchored to is making things hard lol ay ay ay any support or friendship is much appreciated folks, have a great day
  • SonyaKou
    SonyaKou Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's really hard when you were once really athletic. I sent you a friend's request!
  • caatredactual
    Options
    thanks so much your a new friend of mine:) we can do this girl, no biggy! and yea being a former athlete its super frustrating!
  • rican240sx
    rican240sx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I sent you both friend requests. We can do it!!
  • Maytheforcebewithyou54
    Options
    Hi all! This is my second time as well lost 20 pounds then gained it all
    Back if not more. I'm looking for some new friends to help support each other!
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! You've come to the right place for advice and support. I'm on here everyday, you can add me if you like. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hey all...you got this...everyone has set backs as long as you can overcome them and march/trudge forward.

anyone can feel free to add!
  • sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of having set backs - been on here for nearly 4 years and I've had my share of falling off the rails. The best thing you can do is pick yourself back up again, don't labour on the hiccups and stay clear with what you're aiming for.

Being surrounded by people with similar goals is so motivating, you can share advice and keep yourself accountable.
    Feel free to add me!
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Love to support people.