Walking/running app for iPhone?

Options
Does anyone have any favorite app for the iPhone that tracks miles and speed? Preferably that doesn't run only with GPS.

Replies

• nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like Map My Run. It was free too!
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The one that works best for me has been Runtastic.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    The one that works best for me has been Runtastic.

This
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    MapMyRun for me too.

Why the GPS criterion? You can tell MapMyRun that you're on a treadmill, if that's the issue.
  • itsCheek
    itsCheek Posts: 104
    Options
    I LOVE RunKeeper! It syncs with my Polar HR monitor and MFP. You can also plan your routes online ahead of time.
  • VeePhillips
    VeePhillips Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I downloaded runtastic and map my run. I'm going to see which I like best.
  • kitesurfjerry
    Options
    I just downloaded MapMyRun but is having issues transferring my data to MyFitnessPal. Any suggestions? Blue skies!!
  • VeePhillips
    Options
    I just downloaded MapMyRun but is having issues transferring my data to MyFitnessPal. Any suggestions? Blue skies!!

Did you link the two accounts?
  • VeePhillips
    Options
    MapMyRun for me too.

Why the GPS criterion? You can tell MapMyRun that you're on a treadmill, if that's the issue.

I thought I would need the GPS to track my distance/speed. Is that not necessary?
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Endomondo
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike+ running ap.
  • TheRealMarsupial12
    Options
    Zombies, Run!
  • bee7488
    Options
    runkeeper
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I like Runtastic personally, I found that when comparing to my Garmin for GPS/distance it was more on track than Runkeeper. I have been using it to link directly into here. I might not run/walk with it on, but I enter the data from my Garmin and it syncs with MFP :wink:
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I like MapMyRun. I use it for running, biking, paddleboarding, and hiking. My friend uses it for horseback riding!