PB2 - I think I'm in love

Options
Someone at work just told me about PB2. I love peanut butter on apples but I don't usually have the room in my macros for the peanut butter.

I finally found PB2 in my supermarket this morning and I think I had a tongue-gasm after tasting it. I'm in peanut butter love!

I just wish there weren't so many incorrect entries for it in the database....took me a while to find one that had all the correct values.

Replies

• PamelaJ413
    Options
    I love it too! I also love the PB2 chocolate! Also, it might be a good idea to keep it in the fridge or freezer? Seems to go kind of rancid ( like flour does?) after a month or two.
    Try thePB2 in Thai noodles.....or on bananas...
    On apple slices is my favorite. ;-)
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I don't think this stuff will last long enough to get rancid! :love:
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just bought it today..cant wait to try it! There is a distributor near where I live that has it on sale for $4.99 per jar and a combo 2 pack for $10.75. Cheapest I have seen it so I grabbed one to try. Breakfast shake tomorrow! Do you guys sprinkle it on fruit or do you add water and make a dip?
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm also hopelessly in love with PB2. As a hardcore PB addict all my life.....finding PB2 was the answer to a fat girl's prayers.
    I use it everywhere.....smoothies.....peanut sauces....apples.....celery.....you name it, I've tried it.
    I now buy it in bulk on Amazon.com. You can get the 1 lb bags for $7-8 dollars - which is a WAY better deal then the jars at the supermarket. I just bought SIX lbs of the stuff last week. That outta get me through the spring. Maybe.......
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yep, have to agree...tasty! I bought it to use in a low fat, low carb cookie recipe, but that was just disgusting! But, as is, fabulous! And, I can see how great it would be for sauces, smoothies, protein drinks, etc.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm hesitant to try it because the reason I eat peanut butter is for the fat and protein content. Could be good in certain recipes though. :smile:
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've been tempted to try this stuff because I hear so many good things. I will once I find it in a store! Havn't came across it yet, then again I kinda forgot about it.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this peanut butter goodness before, but I will be ordering some on payday! I was just thinking about how much I love peanut butter earlier... lol
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    The only pb2 i saw was on amazon and it was powdered, is there one with an actual peanut butter consistency? I miss peanut butter and jelly sandwiches XD
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    It IS powder. You mix it with water to reconstitute it, and it's as thick or thin as you want it to be. I indulge in up to 4tbsp a day currently, on a spoon or on my apples. Feels like a cheat, tastes like a treat, doesn't hurt my macros in the LEAST. :)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I like to put it in stuff. I put it in greek yogurt with a few mini chocolate chips!! I also put it in my protein shakes YUM!! I made cookies with it yesterday, and they were pretty darn good!!!
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like to put it in stuff. I put it in greek yogurt with a few mini chocolate chips!! I also put it in my protein shakes YUM!! I made cookies with it yesterday, and they were pretty darn good!!!
    This is so funny this is exactly what I was doing last week with it, of course my wife was a little jealous of me eating the mini chips I usually put into her sandwich. I did have to add a little sweetener though as plain greek and pb2 wasn't enough together, one packet of monk fruit was though.
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love it in my shakes post-workout. This stuff in almost like Heaven in a jar. I just found it at Kroger a couple weeks ago and I will not be without it again.
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The PB2 is absolutely amazing! I lovvee it!
    They have chocolate kind too!

Some of my favorite ways to use it is by making a peanut butter sandwich or by putting the PB2 in my oatmeal, its amazing!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I also love the PB2 chocolate! Also, it might be a good idea to keep it in the fridge or freezer? Seems to go kind of rancid ( like flour does?) after a month or two.
    Try thePB2 in Thai noodles.....or on bananas...
    On apple slices is my favorite. ;-)

Yep - I order several jars at a time (on line) and keep it in the freezer!

Greek yogurt & PB2.....yummy

Oatmeal & PB2 ......yummy

Maple syrup & PB2 ....on waffles (OK this is a little wierd).....nutty taste, yummy.

YorriaRaine -

Mix PB2 (powder) WITH your favorite jam.....water is not mandatory. PB2 will not have the same texture as peanut butter....unless you add the fat back in.

Another possibility....is Better'n Peanut Butter......it's a gooey spread made with peanut flour. I'm not a fan ......but some people like it.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I just started using the stuff a couple weeks ago and shared with my bf. Yesterday I picked up 4 lbs of it because those little containers just don't have enough servings in them. Both flavors are awesome in protein shakes!
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the 2lb two pack on amazon last week. My smoothies are going to be decidedly peanut-buttery for some time now. My wife told me about it years ago and then only recently decided to buy it while shopping. It's like she's been holding out on me or something.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I liked PB2....

... until I tried "Just Great Stuff" peanut butter powder. It has more "roasted-ness" if that's a term.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Someone at work suggested mixing it with a little bit of almond milk instead of water and it was pretty darn good. I made two tablespoons up for my kids to try after I got home from work and they fighting over who got to lick the bowl.

I love organic crunchy peanut butter too, but when I can't afford the fat grams, the PB2 will definitely be my go-to product, although I may have to try that other someone just mentioned (the one with the roasted-ness).

Has anyone tried making the PB2 really thin and drizzling it on popcorn? I'm considering trying that one but thinking it might make the popcorn kind of soggy if it was too thin and it wouldn't drizzle if it was too thick. May be worth experimenting with that one.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I've bought it at Wal*Mart but I think @ the bell plantation web site you can put in your zip and locate other sellers (ie hiking/camping/travel/health food type stores)