Having hard time with last 10 lbs

Options
So I had a baby 18 months ago...I ended up having hypothyroidism and have been on medication for quite some time now. I started out at 160 and now im down to 138-140ish. I stopped dieting last summer but decided to start back up about a month ago. I was eating bread, sugar, no veggies, pulled pork..etc. Now ive completely changed my diet to fruits, veggies, eggs, lean meats and nuts. I cut out dairy, red meat and most grains. For the most part i havent eaten much dairy since ive cut it out and when i do eat grains its because its mixed in with something im eating. For example Kind bars have a small amount of puffed rice in them. Anyways i cant lose anything. Ive also started drinking almost a gallon of water a day where as before i maybe got 1 or 2 glasses a day. I dont drink juice anymore and definitely no soda or sugar drinks. Of course ive had a couple cheat meals but nothing big and its mainly just a bite of whatever my husband is eating. Its usually extremely easy for me to lose weight if i just cut out the junk food. Ive never experienced this where i cut out everything bad for a month and my weight has stayed the same. Im really confused and getting frustrated. I exercise but nothing intense. Does anyone know what i can do?

Replies

• jweindruch
    jweindruch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The last 10 pounds are the hardest…it's a marathon and you just have to stick with it for the long haul! Don't give up :)
  • IvyRose8
    IvyRose8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have you seen your doctor lately to make sure that your hypothyroidism is under control?

Have you tried logging your eating to get a sense of total number of calories? It doesn't sound likely, but maybe you're taking in 4,000 calories a day in veggies and lean protein.

Yes, the last ten or five pounds are extremely challenging to lose. But for you to be trying so hard and seeing no change makes me think that it's your thyroid. My heart goes out to you!
  • otterpopsmommy
    Options
    I saw the dr about 2 weeks ago and my tests came back normal. I am counting my calories. I usually go by these guidelines:
    breakfast: 300 calories
    lunch:400 calories
    dinner:500 calories

2 snacks a day ranging from 75-100 calories.

im not so sure whats happening with my body but maybe its something other than my thyroid.

im only 20 so its very confusing to me. But thank you both!
  • kaylagaston13
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking it's time to start with more weight training to build some muscle, even though that seems impossible with a caloric deficit but I guess it's worth a try, I can't think of any other way to get the last 10 pounds off.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Instead of focusing on scale weight, you could focus on lowering your body fat%. If you only have 10 pounds to lose, it's probably vanity weight, and you might benefit from focusing on recomposition as opposed to just losing.