Need to make sure this is correct!?!?

Options
Hi guys, im 5ft 7, 15.4 stone. male. I do 5x5 3x a week. i also play football for an hour on wednesdays. i either run 2 miles or do insanity one of the other days and take a day off. I have typed that into scooby before and adjusted from there. Now on scooby when it comes to activity level i heard some people put desk job and track exercise cals back into there routine. I have no HRM so cant do that correctly. Currently eating 2100 a day and that is no struggle for me. Happy with that. I have the odd cheat meal here and there but generally well behaved. Would any kind soul maybe pop info into scooby also and see if ive done it correctly. Im pretty sure it says to eat more but ive tried at 2200 for a while and i lost nothing in 2 weeks. Aiming to lose a bit more for an event coming up in just a couple weeks. i know im not going to lose loads but 4-5ibs would be great. Any help or tips greatly appreciated! thanks!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Well I plugged the numbers in

And with 15lbs to lose TDEE-10% is plenty...that gives you about 1/2lb a week...

TDEE is meant to be used so you don't have to eat your exercise calories back but it does require consistent exercise.

With that your numbers look like this with your stats

3-5hours of moederate exercise
    TDEE-15% (boosted it a bit)

BMR=2086
    TDEE=3234
    TDEE-15%=2749 (lucky guy)

So you could eat between 2500-2800 calories a day and lose weight with your current activity.

Just make sure you get in enough protien....0.8g per lb of lean body mass to help maintain muscle and lose fat.
  • thatch1234
    thatch1234 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    that just sounds mental though! if i ate that i would gain for sure lol. I do eat LOADS of protein lol. i get around 130-160g a day. i been sticking to 2100 and not losing hardly anything? 15ibs to target is my ideal weight range? find that odd but its mainly my fat% being at 27% that worries me!
  • thatch1234
    Options
    just to clarify, my 5x5 is as follows.

a:bench press/squats/bent over row
    b:squats/overhead press/little bit of tri/bic that i add myself. workout a takes me about 40 mins and b about 30. not sure on calorie burn
  • fitkatb
    fitkatb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What she said. Eat more! I tried stubbornly to stick to 1200 calories a day and the scale was not moving, because as it turns out my BMR is around 1500. Started eating around 1550 and I've lost 8lbs in just over 4 weeks with very little exercise. Stop fighting the numbers. I'd kill to be able to eat 2500 calories a day and lose weight.
  • thatch1234
    Options
    lol ok ill go to 2500 but if i gain in a week i will cry ALOT! lol joking but really i will come back and update you guys either way as i really do appreciate the help :)
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    lol ok ill go to 2500 but if i gain in a week i will cry ALOT! lol joking but really i will come back and update you guys either way as i really do appreciate the help :)

you need to weigh your food....that is the key along with choosing the correct entries. For example 4 oz of raw chicken wont weigh 4 oz after it's been roasted...so your calories will be off depending on the food and the method of preparation.

Try to pick the entries that are USDA or non * (no homemade/generic entreis), always double check the nutrional data against the package and edit entries that are incorrect, confirm entries that are correct and check confirmations...if the candy bar values says 60 calories and no confirmations be wary....

and Yah I know what 5x5 is...I do it too...but you are missing the funnest lift...where is the dead lift????????

ETA: and exercise must be consistent...
  • thatch1234
    Options
    oops yeah my deadlifts are in workout B lol. thought i was missing something haha. I have been doing just forgot to enter on myfp. I also do weigh my food :P even to the precise gram :P of much annoyance to my wife hehe.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    oops yeah my deadlifts are in workout B lol. thought i was missing something haha. I have been doing just forgot to enter on myfp. I also do weigh my food :P even to the precise gram :P of much annoyance to my wife hehe.

in that case try this calculation for you True TDEE...this is what I use. This eliminates all guess work

Total calories consumed+(lbs lost x 3500)/# of days (use 3-4 weeks of data to be sure) and that is your TDEE

For example my calculation looks like this

29,642+(3.5x3500)=41892

41892/21 (3 weeks of data)=1995

1995 is my TDEE...so i substract 20% off of it

1995x0.2=1600 (I actually try to stay between 1600-1700)

no guessing, no websites just your own data.
  • thatch1234
    Options
    no idea how you calculated that? trying to figure out what each number means etc but cant seem to understand it probably because its not my numbers :P
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    no idea how you calculated that? trying to figure out what each number means etc but cant seem to understand it probably because its not my numbers :P

Yah I used my numbers as an example.

Total calories consumed+(lbs lost x 3500)/# of days (use 3-4 weeks of data to be sure) and that is your TDEE

But the above is your calculation. Just insert your numbers...

If you have the phone app it makes it easy (and excel of course)

Just insert your numbers in the appropriate space...send me a PM with it if you want...I can help out that way too.