P90X: My First Time

Options
I've had P90X sitting on my shelf for years. I've been too intimidated to even try. It's time I break into the CDs and get this party started. I am planning to start on Monday after school. I would love for some people who are are also currently doing it to friend me for tips and motivation. :) Will my current 1200 calorie diet be sufficient?

Replies

• tbutchart
    tbutchart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I love the p90x program. I am by no means a expert, but I think a 1200 calorie diet will not be enough. Did you get all the literature with the CDs? there are great meal plans in there. I didn't do the any of the supplements, with the exception of a protein powder for after workouts(muscle recovery- trust me you will need it!) I normally get mine at GNC but Walmart has a good one too. Only other advise I can give is to take it slow, the program can be challenging but it is broken down enough that it shows basic to advance versions of the exercises. Take it slow, dig deep, any you will be proud of yourself! Enjoy
  • Montanafamilymom
    Options
    Hi there, I am also going to start p90x tomorrow (Monday)! I have had it forever and did do it for about 10 days last fall and felt amazing! I go pneumonia and per Dr's orders had to rest and couldn't work for a week. It took me forever to get feeling better and by then I got out of my exercise routine. Since January 1st though I have been doing other exercises and eating healthy and decided today that I want to start P90X again and stick to it for 90 days! I can't wait for the results! Add me as a friend if you'd like! :)
  • ilovetimtams
    ilovetimtams Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wicked! Just the post I was coming on here to find. I'm from NZ so we are a day ahead of you guys I think. It'd be awesome to track through together for the next 90 Days??
    Anyway, I did the fit test a couple days ago and today is my monday - Day 1 and it asks a lot of your body - 1200 calories seems not enough, also not an expert in nutrition. In the guide it gives you a general calculator to how much calories you should consume. I personally don't use all the supplements either but a good post recovery protein shake is a must I reckon.
  • amberlynn1218
    Options
    I've done P90X twice. You will definitely need to eat more than that. You burn SOOO many calories during the workouts. You will end up eating a bit more than you are right now. I am eager to try the new P90X3 here soon after I finish T25.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Stumbled upon this posted I started p90x today didn't take fit test I just completed insanity so decided to try this I still have 15lbs to lose to be considered in normal weight even if I don't accomplish that I would be good just losing body fat percentage looking for support along the way 90days is def a challenge
  • naturalechokolate
    Options
    Hi everyone, like many I've had P90x resting on the bookshelf collecting dust.
    To drop the holiday weight, I started back in the gym for cardio , eating clean and Ripped in 30.
    After of week of RPin30 I became bored with it. I love strength and conditioning.
    I've decided its finally time to dust of the P90x and get this body back into shape.
    Please feel free to friend me, I'd love to have others getting during this challenging 90 days :-D
  • clairer217
    clairer217 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!! I have P90X3 coming to my house this week! I haven't done either of the other P90X workouts, but I have done Insanity, Chalean Extreme and am finishing up T25 just now - all Beachbody programs!! The first time I tried to do Chalean Extreme in 2012 (also 90 day program) I only made it about half way through.

This past summer I started again and was part of an accountability group which made all the difference!! I am a Beachbody coach now and host accountability groups myself - they are so much fun and you get a ton of support from other people who are struggling to eat healthy and do their workouts. I actually became a coach so I can continue to have accountability!!!

I have a new group starting February 10th and anyone is welcome to join! Find me on Facebook and I'll add you to the group! https://www.facebook.com/c.roush.bennett
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't know much at all about P90X. What does it involve? Are the workouts EVERY day, or do you get rest days? Can anyone post a sample workout?
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X twice. You will definitely need to eat more than that. You burn SOOO many calories during the workouts. You will end up eating a bit more than you are right now. I am eager to try the new P90X3 here soon after I finish T25.

Is there more than one P90X? Now it gets confusing. Would you recommend it? What sort of results have you experienced?
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I don't know much at all about P90X. What does it involve? Are the workouts EVERY day, or do you get rest days? Can anyone post a sample workout?

P90x is 3 days of strength 3 days of cardio
  • nut4crew
    nut4crew Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Workouts are six days a week, and shift between weights and cardio, with a yoga workout thrown in the mix. If you follow the dvd, they can be up to an hour (yoga is 90 minutes). As for sample workout content, here's a link for back and biceps, one of my favorites: http://sheerbalance.com/brettsblog/p90x-back-exercises-and-bicep-exercises/.
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday the 20th, and I already feel amazing 4 days in! Not following the program to a T though. Not only do I hate yoga, but 90 minutes is just too long for me (I am waking up at 4 AM to do these!) So I plan to substitute cardio on the yoga day, either by kick-boxing at my local gym or maybe just a jog. I have to say, it is really hard so far and I have to force myself to push play, but I am hoping I can push myself to complete the entire program!

I used my TDEE with working out 6 days a week to calculate my calorie intake, and I only set it to 15% lower, so I am eating about 1700-1800 calories a day. Each workout burns a good 300-500, so if you are only eating 1200 calories, your net would be 800 for the day and that is way too low!! Especially because these are intense workouts, you need more fuel to build and support all of that muscle.

I have started p90x before, but never had the will to go past a few weeks due to things that would get in the way (a breakup one year, a death in the family another time I started it). This time I am super motivated to complete the entire 90 days, and hopefully see amazing results! Good luck to you as well!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good luck :) P90X is an amazing program! Feel free to friend me if you'd like some support
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    for anyone who has done P90X - I see that the workouts are 3 days cardio/3 days strength...is that right? Couple of questions:
    1) Does it alternate, for instance, strength one day, then cardio, then strength....
    2) Approx. how long is each workout each day? Trying to see if this can factor in to my day, in addition to what I already do for exercise.
    3) Do I need any special equipment at home? I have 5, 8 and 10lb weights, as well as 12 & 18lb weight bars. Also have a pull up bar and a stay-ball. Anything else needed?

Thinking of getting this used from someone I know... just want to see how feasible it is for me. Thanks!
  • Animebride2015
    Options
    1) Does it alternate, for instance, strength one day, then cardio, then strength ( YES IS DOES)
    2) Approx. how long is each workout each day? THEY ARE ABOUT A HOUR ( THE YOGA X IS 90 MINUTES
    3) Do I need any special equipment at home? I have 5, 8 and 10lb weights, as well as 12 & 18lb weight bars. Also have a pull up bar and a stay-ball. Anything else needed? YOU MAY NEED A YOGA MAT