cardio that doesn't involve legs?

Options
is there any cardio out there that doesn't involve me using my legs? i need something effective.

Replies

• kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I belonged to a gym that had one of those hand bikes...it was a pretty good workout...also you could swim
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Why not the legs? Using the muscles in your legs will help you burn calories because it is a large muscle group.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    If it is an injury the do front punchs hooks and upper cuts quick to get the heart rate up.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    At a gym I tried one of these once

UB300.jpg

I was stunned on how quickly I was winded. I bet using kettlebells would be a nice combination of cardio and lifting.
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    it's an injury unfortunately. i do use Kettlebells but there is also a lot of leg work. :grumble:
  • BillyLightening
    Options
    I have a really bad right knee, I'm stuck on finding leg work that doesn't involve bending, like squats/lunges/leg press. It kind of sucks because I LOVE having sore legs.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Try an online search for "wheelchair exercises". I've read there are several good sources out there for folks in wheelchairs to get good cardio workouts. Good luck!
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this question too. I don't think my gym has a hand bike. I love KBs but they are brutal on your legs.

Fortunately I don't have a leg injury, I just feel like they are sore all the time and never get a break because even on my upper body days I do cardio everyday which inevitably works the legs.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    When I hurt my knee I did all of my workout videos I just modified them and removed all the leg work. IE for jumping jacks I moved my arms in the same motion just faster and didn't jump. I did the 30DS video and burned only 60 cals LESS not using my legs. You can get a great workout you just have to really work hard. Hope your injury heals quickly!:flowerforyou:
  • determined99
    Options
    what about a rower?
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm on a holiday away from my gym and just recently became injured in the hip! I'm about to go work-out... looks like i'm going to be doing lots of punches and planks.
  • csmengr
    Options
    Go swim laps. You can put a pull bouy in and just use your arms.