HELP ME, PLS!!!!

Options
Hello everyone,
I started exercising 7 weeks ago, (I havent been exercising for 10 years), because I wanted to lose body fat. I am skinny fat.
After 4 weeks, I noticed that I didn't lose weight, so I changed my diet, and started to track the calories on myfitnesspal.com. So, I've been dieting and exercising(30 mins of stationary bike 5 or 6 days a week) for like 3 weeks now. I DID lose weight on the scale(4 pounds), but dear ones, I haven't lost fat !! I still don't fit in my trousers, I still have the shape I had before losing these 4 pounds.
I eat 600 calories a day(I can't eat more), I pay attention not to eat an exceeded amount of fat or carbs or proteins, but I am not losing fat, and I'm losing motivation, especially that I'm working hard on that bike, 30 minutes is too much for someone who didn't use to walk a few meters.
Now what? Is it a bit too early to judge of the effectiveness of my diet/workout? Am I doing it wrong? Do I need more cardio?
Pls tell me what to do.
Thanks all!!!!!

Replies

• fitphoenix22
    Options
    First explain why you can't eat more than 600 calories a day...

And if you're "thin" and wanting to change your body composition (aka gain muscle, lose fat), then why aren't you weight training? Restricting calories (to a dangerously low amount, I might add) and doing nothing but cardio isn't going to build lean muscle mass. It isn't physically possible to gain muscle when eating next to no calories.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I started exercising 7 weeks ago, (I havent been exercising for 10 years), because I wanted to lose body fat. I am skinny fat.
    After 4 weeks, I noticed that I didn't lose weight, so I changed my diet, and started to track the calories on myfitnesspal.com. So, I've been dieting and exercising(30 mins of stationary bike 5 or 6 days a week) for like 3 weeks now. I DID lose weight on the scale(4 pounds), but dear ones, I haven't lost fat !! I still don't fit in my trousers, I still have the shape I had before losing these 4 pounds.
    I eat 600 calories a day(I can't eat more), I pay attention not to eat an exceeded amount of fat or carbs or proteins, but I am not losing fat, and I'm losing motivation, especially that I'm working hard on that bike, 30 minutes is too much for someone who didn't use to walk a few meters.
    Now what? Is it a bit too early to judge of the effectiveness of my diet/workout? Am I doing it wrong? Do I need more cardio?
    Pls tell me what to do.
    Thanks all!!!!!

Just curious why you can't eat more.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Are you a vegetable?
  • NICEBODYTODAY
    NICEBODYTODAY Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am not thin, I have a pear body shape for now, skinny on the upper body, and fat on the belly and thighs. Since I'm new to diet,(my 1rst time), I am trying to eat 1000 calories a day, I end up eating 600, because when I increase the calories it's the fat and carbs and proteins that exceed the daily required amount. So, and since I don't know how to balance the food, I only eat 600 and I don't get hungry, I don't crave for more than that.
    Weight training is difficult for me, I've had a sedentary lifestyle for several years, no exercise, no physical activity, and I don't know how to weight train correctly.
  • NICEBODYTODAY
    NICEBODYTODAY Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am not thin, I have a pear body shape for now, skinny on the upper body, and fat on the belly and thighs. Since I'm new to diet,(my 1rst time), I am trying to eat 1000 calories a day, I end up eating 600, because when I increase the calories it's the fat and carbs and proteins that exceed the daily required amount. So, and since I don't know how to balance the food, I only eat 600 and I don't get hungry, I don't crave for more than that.
    Weight training is difficult for me, I've had a sedentary lifestyle for several years, no exercise, no physical activity, and I don't know how to weight train correctly. I was trying to keep the weight training to after losing all the ugly fat.
  • aplatt41
    aplatt41 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wondering why you can't eat anymore than 600. That needs to change if you want to change your body!!!! Just say'n
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Weight training is difficult for me, I've had a sedentary lifestyle for several years, no exercise, no physical activity, and I don't know how to weight train correctly.
    Change your macros. Or ignore them. You should be eating MUCH more than you are.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    It's okay to "go over" on Protein, Fat or Carbs.

Just eat your dang calories.

Eat more food. Doesn't matter what. Just eat it.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    After that explanation, my field trip to the forums has concluded for the day. I have a headache now.
  • At 600 calories a day, you won't lose weight nor will you gain muscle as you have put your body into starvation mode and it will feed off muscle and store the fat. You really do need to eat. Research and learn what your body needs!