Is it possible to gain weight before my period?

Options
Hello! I'm new here and I weighed myself just yesterday and everything checked out fine, but today I weighed myself again and the scale says I gained ten pounds. I workout 6 days out of the week, and I'm doing a low card diet and no longer drink or eat sweets, it's also a week before my period, but is it really possible to gain so much weight before my period? Prior to this I was losing about 3-5 pounds a week. Please help me!

Replies

• Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It's just water weight/bloating from PMS. Weigh yourself shortly after your period is over, I'm sure you'll feel much more relaxed. :)
  • reddeament
    reddeament Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah if you weigh yourself the same time each week for 2 months, you should start to see a pattern (and when its just water weight)
  • VCYoga
    VCYoga Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes the body retains water during your period. Ever notice you feel super bloated and fat right around your period? Ya thats hormones. You lose it once Aunt Flow pisses off.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here and I weighed myself just yesterday and everything checked out fine, but today I weighed myself again and the scale says I gained ten pounds. I workout 6 days out of the week, and I'm doing a low card diet and no longer drink or eat sweets, it's also a week before my period, but is it really possible to gain so much weight before my period? Prior to this I was losing about 3-5 pounds a week. Please help me!

it is more than possible, its a given. I always weight more on the week before my period no matter what. I end up leveling out the next week when I start. Welcome to pms, we are in the same boat. Try limiting your sodium, take midol, take your multi vitamin and drink lots of water. You will get through this. (until next month, ugg)
  • SoSpiceWaffles
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You were losing 3-5 pounds a week? Were you just starting your diet during that time frame? It was likely water weight you were losing. Don't expect your rate of loss to continue like that.