How To Lose Weight While Working Crazy Hours

Options
I work about 45-48 hours a week: not to crazy? for me this is. I am TIRED at the end of the day. I used to work out 6-7 days a week for years, so I was an active person and for some reason the full time plus job is wearing me out. What to do?

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    don't have kids.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Honestly, losing weight is mostly about diet! So keep it up - and hopefully you'll get more used to your schedule or it will level out and then you can get fit! :)
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I only work 40 hours a week but when I had to start working overnights, this was a huge difference for me and very hard to adjust. My job is not as physically draining as it is mentally so at the end of the day I am exhusted....I feel like I worked a lot more hours than I actually did so I know the feeling of being tired. I knew I had to do something and not use my crazy working hours as an excuse. No matter how tired or exhusted I was in the morning at 7am after I got off of work......I worked out. Whether I went to the gym for an hour or got in cardio outside. For me, it helped me sleep SO good afterwards and working out was out of the way until the next day. Some days will be harder than others but no matter how tough it is...you just have to do it. No excuses.
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    For my summer internship for college I worked at a place that was an hour away from my house, on the 3p-11p shift. I still managed to work out by doing it after I got out of work. I'd get to the gym around 1215a-1230a, work out for 2 or more hours (I had nothing else better to do at that time of night!), went home, ate a good meal and went to sleep. I woke up, got ready for work, and did the same thing all over again. Did I love the schedule? Not really. But I did it anyways. I also had some crazy obsession with working out during that summer so my motivation was at an all-time high.

Moral of the story is, if you want it to happen, you can make it happen one way or another as long as you have access to the tools you need such as fitness equipment at home, or access to a 24hr gym.

Working a lot of hours certainly makes it tougher to get the workouts in, especially if you are tired.. but if you WANT it.. you'll manage it. I think you can do it.. nah, I KNOW you can do it. You just have to set your mind to it and sacrifice.
  • ryanboriskin
    ryanboriskin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    good point!