Losing momentum

Options
At first I was really pumped and I was seeing results... my clothes fit better. Now, after 12lbs... I have hit my plateau... I can never get under 160lb! Now I am losing momentum and getting very frustrated... I was going to the gym EVERYDAY and really doing well with my food... cutting junk food nearly 100%... and drinking only water.... I was on a roll... until I weighed myself (with a scale that also shows body fat %) and I havent lost anything in 2 weeks!

I am getting married in 6 weeks and really wanted to reach my goal of 20lbs lost before then! I am coming up against the ultimate deadline... my dress fitting... because once I get my dress fit to my measurements... I still have 3 weeks until the wedding... I can't lose alot of weight in those 3 wks because then my dress won't fit again! Help! I need some motivation! Even worse.. since I realized I was getting NO WHERE... I have barely worked out this week and done really bad with my food! :(

Replies

• sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    At first I was really pumped and I was seeing results... my clothes fit better. Now, after 12lbs... I have hit my plateau... I can never get under 160lb! Now I am losing momentum and getting very frustrated... I was going to the gym EVERYDAY and really doing well with my food... cutting junk food nearly 100%... and drinking only water.... I was on a roll... until I weighed myself (with a scale that also shows body fat %) and I havent lost anything in 2 weeks!

I am getting married in 6 weeks and really wanted to reach my goal of 20lbs lost before then! I am coming up against the ultimate deadline... my dress fitting... because once I get my dress fit to my measurements... I still have 3 weeks until the wedding... I can't lose alot of weight in those 3 wks because then my dress won't fit again! Help! I need some motivation! Even worse.. since I realized I was getting NO WHERE... I have barely worked out this week and done really bad with my food! :(
  • BVSforever
    Options
    You can do it! Just remember that each day is made up of lots of different choices, and just because a couple of choices might not have been the best (hmmm...my breakfast of biscuits and sausage gravy comes to mind) doesn't mean that the next choice can't be a good one. If you shift your focus onto healthy eating and regular exercise for the sake of just feeling better (rather than losing weight), it might help you decrease some of that anxiety as you move toward the final dress countdown. AND, remember that, on your wedding day, you will be beautiful REGARDLESS of whether you meet that self-imposed goal of 20lbs or not -- all your husband, family, and friends will see is a beautiful person walking down the aisle. Make sure you see her, too.

All the best, and good luck to all of us!
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Those scales that give body fat % only take into account your height/weight ratio. The BEST way to measure body fat % is with calipers. Have you tried taking your measurements? Because lean muscle will cause you to either not move in pounds, or even go up in weight. If you have been working out a lot, you probably have built more lean muscle. So, if you go to a gym, I would recommend asking them if they could to the fat caliper test on you one a month or every 2 weeks, and see if you see a difference with that. IF you don't do the gym thing, then just take your measurements. Because by building muscle, you are going to be tighter and lose inches even though the scale may not budge. Hope that helps you look at it from a different angle! sometimes that's all it takes.

:flowerforyou:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Good news! I checked in with my nutritionist... 1 week before our scheduled time just to see where I was with my progress this month... here I thought I was losing momentum because my scale wasn't working properly! Turns out that I actually lost 8lbs in body fat... 3 lbs total weight in one month! :)

Thanks for the encouraging words. Guess I was really doing better than I thought! :)

63578.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • back2beingme
    Options
    Don't you just love life's little surprises? :flowerforyou: