Are you clean/organized?

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
I totally am. I can't stand an unorganized house, or place of work so I always work on keeping it up. OCD, probably, but there's something about keeping things in order that makes everything much more efficient and easy to find/use.
Now I'm not a germaphobe. I don't have to have everything sanitized because I believe that doing so lowers immunity. So when I mean clean I mean uncluttered and not having stuff stuck to the counter.

Anyone else like this? My wife appreciates it, but it drives some of my peers at work nuts (I'm always rearranging weights).

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm your stereotypical accounting Controller/CFO with mounds and mounds of paper and stuff piled all over my desk, the floor...pretty much anywhere piles can be made...but I know exactly where everything is.
  • crimsonandclovers
    Options
    My bedroom looks like a bomb site, yet I cannot stand being in messy places.. It makes little to no sense, i know.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same way, OP.

I appreciate that my other half is tolerant of my habits.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm a dirty, dirty man :glasses:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I was just discussing this on my wall. I really am clean. I like things organized. But it doesn't come easy to me, I get really a confused and anxious feeling in a disordered home. A natural-born organizer would probably not feel this way....they're organized in their heads and don't need physical organization. Me....I have to have my environment ready and clean.
  • extrafast
    Options
    Super tidy. Hate to see stuff out of place.
    Some people find my super-tidiness hard to cope with...
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't say I am OCD but I like it clean and having things in their logical place. I don't dust and vacuum non-stop just don't want clutter everywhere.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    My room and car aren't so tidy right now. I'm organized (usually) when it comes to school though, which is more important to me personally.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I was messy because it pissed my mother off.
    In between right now.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I am remodeling my house. Piles if tiles here. Tools there. Dust. Should be done by summertime. So now I'm messy.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yep, a place for everything and everything in its place.

I like it. And I have a pretty good cleaning routine - I love watching How Clean is Your House for motivation!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Very organized, and somewhat of a germophobe when it comes to the kitchen.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I'm OCD about cleanliness/organization big-time. Husband is a slob. Go figure!
  • renley
    renley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My house is not dirty. My house is somewhat cluttered. But in the clutter, I know where everything is and can put my hands on it immediately. Do I like my clutter? No, I do not, and I want it gone.
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    I don't have time for the type of clean I see in commercials. You won't get sick if you make a sandwich on my counter though! :drinker: My house is organized but does not look like Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Clean, yes. Organized, not it most things. However, I have couple of quirks:
    1) My home office is a bomb site, but by having one room that's "no holds barred" I keep everywhere else fit for human habitation
    2) There are some areas where I'm extraordinarily neat or regimented. Like wrapping presents. You'd think that I did it professionally they're so neat with extra crisp lines.
    3) If I immediately put my clothes away, they are extremely neat (crisp creases, ordered by color, type, under clothes and socks neatly rolled up, etc.); my problem is that I get distracted by other things and they just lay wherever I left them (not all of the place, but in specific areas).
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Organized and clean enough to give up on iit, due to the fact that my family was beginnning to avoid me!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I'm mid-level cluttered and my house could always be cleaner. Give me a few days off in a row and it will tidy and better organized for a few weeks.
  • SeaTurtleJenni
    SeaTurtleJenni Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessively clean and organized at work, but I have a horrid procrastination problem with important personal matters. All my tickets go to warrant. I never file insurance claims. My divorce took six times longer than it needed to given we get along just fine and agreed on everything. I grew up in a cluttered house, so I freak out around clutter. I can't stand it. I don't even like nightstands or rugs. I don't like decorative items, not even picture frames. I like everything categorized and color coded. My biggest pet peeve is when people put something on top the dryer. It's not a shelf, people.
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    I think "organized chaos" is the best way to describe me.