Rock Climbing Gym?

Options
A rock climbing gym is opening up not too far away from where I live. I've never really frequented a gym before, much less a rock climbing one, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Does anyone have any personal experience with these kinds of places? How are they for working out, are they particularly beneficial? How about price, obviously different places will vary, but are they typically expensive?

Replies

• rickloving
    rickloving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hard to answer your questions as to price as that all depends on the facility. We have a couple nice indoor facilities close to where I live and I enjoy getting there every once and a while. I would definitely recommend trying it out as it can be a strenuous workout and a completely different environment than the gym.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well, yeah. I'm just asking in your experience... The gym doesn't have any information up yet so I was just looking for a heads up. And I was actually really looking forward to the "different environment" bit. Normal gyms are really stressful for me, so I just work out at home.