What supplements do you take?

Options
kgibbz
kgibbz Posts: 102 Member
I take a multi vitamin and calcium but I am wondering if I should add vitamin D. Co-worker said that if you take calcium you should take vitamin D also. Anyone have any insight?

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Has the calcium supplement been ordered by a doctor? If not, and you aren't at risk of osteoporosis or anything I'd see no need in taking the calcium as the multi would already have an adequate amount along with what you consume daily.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin and calcium but I am wondering if I should add vitamin D. Co-worker said that if you take calcium you should take vitamin D also. Anyone have any insight?

Many people are deficient in Vitamin D so it wouldn't hurt to add it.

I take a multivitamin, super B complex, magnesium, and calcium + vitamin D.
  • kvcreed
    kvcreed Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin + minerals
    Folic acid
    Lýsi (like...purified cod liver oil. It's just done where I come from.)
  • kgibbz
    Options
    Has the calcium supplement been ordered by a doctor? If not, and you aren't at risk of osteoporosis or anything I'd see no need in taking the calcium as the multi would already have an adequate amount along with what you consume daily.

Yes, for muscle cramping
  • kgibbz
    Options
    Multivitamin + minerals
    Folic acid
    Lýsi (like...purified cod liver oil. It's just done where I come from.)

Any reason why you take folic acid?
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Fish oil pills, magnesium, vitamin d3.

The d3 I take daily in the winter time, magnesium nearly everyday (5x a week), and fish oil pills the days I don't eat fish.
  • zepfan69
    Options
    If anyone is still interested in adding vitamin D to MFP, they should visit and sign this petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/myfitnesspal-allow-myfitnesspal-users-to-track-custom-categories-such-as-the-important-vitamin-d
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ZMA, Aleve, Vit C, Glucosamine.