7 months of progress - photos inside!!

Options
In the past couple of weeks, I finally hit the elusive and so-called “Onederland” - I am under 200 pounds for the first time in 9 years and I don’t plan on ever weighing that much again. My body composition has started to change again and the difference between last month’s photos and this month’s is pretty obvious. While the photos only show a loss of 43 pounds, my total loss is 70.1 pounds at this point. I have increased my protein to compensate for the increased strength training I am now doing. I dead lifted 105 pounds last Thursday and my trainer wants me to try dead lifting 115 pounds this coming Thursday and I’m ready to face the challenge dead on. I’m also up to bench pressing 65 pounds.

Now that I’ve lost 70 pounds, I’ve been reflecting on how much lighter I feel, how much faster I walk, and how well I can now move. My knees rarely bother me and my feet don’t feel like they’re going to fall off after standing for an 8-10 hour shift. I’m less clumsy, have better balance and my flexibility is more apparent. I sleep better, have more positive and consistent moods, and have tons more energy. I enjoy exercising and being active and I’m starting to consider new fitness goals. I love preparing and cooking my own food and going food shopping. I’m much stronger and have more stamina. All things considered, while I’m still considered clinically obese, I could probably stop here and be considered completely healthy, but I plan to keep going because I want to get as far away from 200 pounds as possible because I absolutely do not want to ever weigh that much again.

Enough rambling, onto the aforementioned photos, but first, some before pictures. These first two are of me in Christmas 2011 and Easter 2012 respectively, when I was at my highest weight ever, (between 265-280 pounds):
xmas2011_zps35c27909.jpg

easter2012_zpsbb667ffb.jpg

I initially started on MFP on 7/3/12, lost almost 32 pounds by Thanksgiving 2012, quit because I lost my job and gained back half of the weight I'd lost. On 7/13/13, I decided to give this weight loss thing another go and after a month of getting back into the rhythm of things, I decided to start taking monthly progress photos. Today I decided to put the initial photo from August 2013 next to today's photo:
picisto-20140210181027-196775_sm_zps9c3176ca.jpg

picisto-20140210181342-854211_sm_zps3380e185.jpg

Bonus photo of me flexing my bicep just for fun since I just realized how defined it's beginning to look from all the lifting and strength training my personal trainer has been having me do:
2014-0210_194-6_3_zps4d29399a.jpg

Last but not least, some stats:
Height: 5'2.25"
SW: 264.7lbs
CW: 194.6lbs
GW: 140lbs
Daily calorie goal: 1600 with 45% carbs/25% protein/30% fat
Activity: 3x/week at the gym, 1 hour workout w/HRM - half hour cardio followed by half hour strength training, (low reps, high weight). I go pretty intensely at the cardio. Every Thursday, I do a half hour of cardio followed by a half hour of lifting/strength training with a personal trainer and then have a 25-30 minute walk to therapy. On non-gym days, I work 8-10 hour shifts as a front desk receptionist at an animal hospital, but it's a standing position despite being reception and there's a lot of movement involved. I walk at a fast pace 15-20 minutes each way to work, and I do count the calories burned during those walks as exercise calories. I eat any exercise calories back.

**Edited to make the photos smaller.

Replies

• kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look amazing - very inspiring. That's an incredible amount of hard work and determination - bravo!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is inspiring. Even though you are still working towards your goal, you look great. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Great progress. You are very inspiring!!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! You look awesome!!!!
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations , you are doing great!!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Fabulous progress!
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome..There is a dramatic difference!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Awesome job with your weight loss !!!
  • Christine_120
    Options
    Fantastic!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SuperHero_Girl
    SuperHero_Girl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has read this post and commented so far! Funny thing is I started this whole weight loss business sort of sarcastically. I was dead set on getting weight loss surgery and even went to a weight loss center surgery seminar because I was convinced I was incapable of losing weight without medical intervention due to years of fad dieting, binge eating, and losing weight only to gain it all back and then extra. No one in my family would support me if I had the surgery and there was no way I would be able to go through it without support, so I set out to prove I was unable to lose more than a few pounds on my own. Instead, I proved to myself that I was more than capable, and here I am, 70 pounds lighter. :)
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    "One"derful!
  • SnowZombie
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic job. Glad you got back on the bandwagon. Here's to your continued success!
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work ! excellent progress :-)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    wow! you are looking great!!!!
  • SuperHero_Girl
    SuperHero_Girl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I got back on the bandwagon too, I can't even believe how far I've come sometimes! I'm so glad I ended up proving myself wrong with this!
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is extremely inspiring and great motivation. :)
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love the way you started this!! Glad you proved yourself wrong!! You look fantastic, keep going! :)
  • granolagirl
    granolagirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are Amazing and inspiring! Thank you for sharing your progress. Keep up the good work!
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!! You look so good! Keep up the great effort. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!