New...

Options
My friend told me about the website, so I joined today. I am morbidly obese and it is taking away so many opportunities from me. I have a long way to go, but am doing great. I have lost 43 lbs. in 2 months. I even lost 5 lbs. on my vacation last week. If you want portion control (skimpy portions) then try Carnival Cruise Lines! :laugh:

I had congestive heart failure last year, and have made great lifestyle changes since then, such as I am now exercising on most days. I have to keep to a low sodium diet, which can make things difficult. I have been going through the process for lap-band surgery, and I should have it within the next month.

My weight has been my defensive armor against the world for a long time, and I am finally at a place where I want to let the world in. The bigger you are, the more invisible this society treats you. I want to be seen and heard!

Take care!

Replies

• laurie49120
    laurie49120 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My friend told me about the website, so I joined today. I am morbidly obese and it is taking away so many opportunities from me. I have a long way to go, but am doing great. I have lost 43 lbs. in 2 months. I even lost 5 lbs. on my vacation last week. If you want portion control (skimpy portions) then try Carnival Cruise Lines! :laugh:

I had congestive heart failure last year, and have made great lifestyle changes since then, such as I am now exercising on most days. I have to keep to a low sodium diet, which can make things difficult. I have been going through the process for lap-band surgery, and I should have it within the next month.

My weight has been my defensive armor against the world for a long time, and I am finally at a place where I want to let the world in. The bigger you are, the more invisible this society treats you. I want to be seen and heard!

Take care!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Weclome! :flowerforyou:

You think Canival had small portion sizes? Hmm, I thought it was really big. Not to mention all the buffets all the time, LOL. I am so glad I am not going on one soon or it'd be really hard not to pig out.
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on only a month and I feel like I have a whole network of friends. I have also learned so much about a wide "variety" of topics:laugh: Just about anything gets discussed and that is what is so great about this site! Enjoy:happy:
  • laurie49120
    laurie49120 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Carnival is the past I remember had bigger portions. Side dishes now are served in dishes the size of a half-dollar. I mostly tried not to go to the buffets, but rather the sit-down meals. I also had my family (brother and mother) and they helped keep me away from all the goodies. It was actually harder for the 3 days after when I was in New Orleans to stick to the diet.

I am basically following the Zone diet/South Beach. Lots of protein, vegetables, some fruits. No "whites"--flour or sugar. Plus I eat smaller meals every 3-4 hours. It's sort of weird to have to eat sometimes to lose weight! The theory is that if you go longer than 3-4 hours, your body interprets that it is in starvation mode, and stores any food as fat as a protection against starvation.

Well, off to bed!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome Laurie:flowerforyou: You are so right about people not wanting to be around us that are not to their standards. I have seen a difference in how people treat me with what little I have lost and feel better about myself. Can't wait to get more off and really join in and be heard as you say. Plus feel like joining in with them without feeling out of place and looked down on. This site will help in so many ways and everyone is very supportive. Glad to have you with us......Karen
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck I have been here for 3 days now and I have become addicted to this site. I am thankful for all the support here. You can do it and Afriend of mine her mother had the gastric bypass and lost so much and she looks great. You can do it and we will be here to support you!!!

Best of luck to you
    Monica