What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    50g museli with low-fat milk and some stewed apple (240 cal) If I'm particularly hungry, or on running days, I'll follow up with two slices of toast with some low-fat cream cheese spread (+ 230).

I follow up with a light lunch and then a dinner around 800-1000 cals, plus other snacks during the day.
  • Boringdoug
    Boringdoug Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bullet proof coffee.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Almost always either oatmeal/cinnamon/raisins or Special K with cut-up apple or banana.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty classic question. I've been doing the oatmeal/quinoa route for a while now, so I'm looking to switch that up. What do you guys eat for breakfast? :)

Seems like a start with a pot of coffee on most days. Okay, more like 1/2 a pot.

I seem to get stuck and not mix it up too often when it comes to brreakfast.

A cup of cereal (various kinds to get it interesting) and a Chobani yogurt mixed in seems to be quick and easy on most days.
    Other days I'll have eggs and bacon.
    Other days I'll have oatmeal and raisins, or apples in it.
    Other days a bagel with an egg on it.

But the coffee is a must for my breakfast. The rest seems to just be a side...
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat what I call baby poop (mashed avocado+protein powder)
  • salendire
    Options
    On days where I am working I'll usually have a smoothy with yogurt, oats, skim milk, coconut sugar and fruit. Porridge with fruit is another favorite of mine, 2 fried or poached eggs on buttered toast also make a regular appearance.

Days when I can't be bothered it'll be toast with peanut butter or nutella with a piece of fruit, or weetbix with skim milk and honey or a couple of tea eggs.

And the mornings that I have some spare time I tend to do omelets, or a fry up (bacon, eggs, tomato, toast, black pudding), toast with spicy beans and a fried egg, I'm also pretty partial to chilli fried rice for breakfast as well.
  • wibbley74
    wibbley74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    a pot of caramel porridge works for me
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    So many rank breakfasts on here!....
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Weekdays: homemade muffin: oats - chia, flax and I put lots of protein in mine - cottage cheese/protein powder/greek yogurt
    hard boiled egg and some cut up celery/peppers/daikon and almonds

Weekends: Homemade pancake (similar to above muffin only in pancake form)
    Nuts
    Maybe a green juice (I hate cleaning the machine afterwards...lol)
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options

So...what do you eat??
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    M-F lite English muffin an egg 1/2 slice American cheese lite butter and coffee total 276 calories and yummy.
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    I love breakfast so much I have it twice

Early: Juiced collander of green vegetables: 2 Apples, 1/4 collander of kale, 1/4 collander of Spinach, whole lemon including the peel, gingeroot - no celery as i hate celery SO MUCH! -

Mid morning: wholemeal toast - with maduka honey or banana, and another juice - 5 carrots, 1 Red apple, 1 green apple, 1 beetroot, over ice - so good! my work has gotten used to me hauling in wierd looking containers of coloured liquid

I change the mid morning juice but always have the gresen one in the morning

How does it make me feel? A MILLION POUNDS! always got loads of energy, my alertness at work has gone up - my skin has never looked better, waist is trim, losing the lower belly 'fat ring' which usually sits around my abdomen - awesome!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

So...what do you eat??

Dont be nosey...
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Meat. Eggs. Veggies. Coffee. Everyday.

:)
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    300ml semi-skimmed milk
    50g whey
    25g instant oats
    10g psyllium husks
    5g creatine

492kcal

Unimaginative.
  • billyswife0516
    Options
    I have some Greek yogurt with either a hard boiled egg or I take some Kashi Go Lean cereal and mix it with my yogurt.
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Shredded Wheat, frozen berries and 1% milk. :smile:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Today it's 100 calorie strawberry greek yogurt, strawberries and a protein bar.

But usually it's egg whites/1 egg with spinach and cottage cheese.
  • WhatAnAwesomeGirl
    Options
    I love breakfast so much I have it twice

Early: Juiced collander of green vegetables: 2 Apples, 1/4 collander of kale, 1/4 collander of Spinach, whole lemon including the peel, gingeroot - no celery as i hate celery SO MUCH! -

Mid morning: wholemeal toast - with maduka honey or banana, and another juice - 5 carrots, 1 Red apple, 1 green apple, 1 beetroot, over ice - so good! my work has gotten used to me hauling in wierd looking containers of coloured liquid

I change the mid morning juice but always have the gresen one in the morning

How does it make me feel? A MILLION POUNDS! always got loads of energy, my alertness at work has gone up - my skin has never looked better, waist is trim, losing the lower belly 'fat ring' which usually sits around my abdomen - awesome!

Umm... can you help me?! I just posed a topic asking for opinions on my morning "Green Monsta" smoothie. It's very nutritious, I believe, but it doesn't keep me full. The replies on the post were mostly criticizing the sugar content and it's lack in nutrition-- at least that was my interpretation. Anyway, it seems like you are receiving the benefits I am attempting to receive. Can I add you as a friend and can you help me re-vamp my breakfast & other meals? :)
  • FitnessChelsey
    Options
    - Green smoothies (surprisingly good!)
    - Baked Oatmeal with banana, raspberry and blackberries (make at the beginning of the week and cut into portions - heat up in a microwave for breakfast)
    - Yogurt with granola
    - Low carb english muffins with egg and sausage
    - special K cereal