It's the time of year again.. GS COOKIES

Options

Replies

• Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    We have 7 boxes of Thin Mints in the freezer. There will be more. MORE, Damnit!!!! More!!!

Good luck with your diabetes.

Oh Good Grief....... I have Type 2 Diabetes (A1c average 5.3) and have an order in for 12 boxes and can guarantee you I didn't get Diabetes from Girl Scout cookies...... :noway:

I portion out 4 cookies with a small glass of milk and it is my evening snack til my GS cookies run out......

Perfect evening snack!!

Yes, by all means, enjoy that over an apple or banana.

Why do you keep trying to force feed people your banana?

I don't care either way! I'm just sick of payin for other peoples bad choices. Keep eating tons of sugar. Whatever. Bananas or Girl Scout cookies or whatever. Just, when your fat and sick and nearly dead, don't expect me to support you.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    We have 7 boxes of Thin Mints in the freezer. There will be more. MORE, Damnit!!!! More!!!

Oh Good Grief....... I have Type 2 Diabetes (A1c average 5.3) and have an order in for 12 boxes and can guarantee you I didn't get Diabetes from Girl Scout cookies...... :noway:

I portion out 4 cookies with a small glass of milk and it is my evening snack til my GS cookies run out......

Perfect evening snack!!

I don't care either way! I'm just sick of payin for other peoples bad choices. Keep eating tons of sugar. Whatever. Bananas or Girl Scout cookies or whatever. Just, when your fat and sick and nearly dead, don't expect me to support you.

Ok. I understand. Get me a beer while you're up? Oh, and hand me the remote too?
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I bought a box over the weekend. I haven't even opened it yet. :ohwell: In my defense, I've been a little bit off my game. Don't worry though, those cookies will NOT go to waste.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

I've already ordered my mobility scooter . . .

did medicare pay for that?

I'm 41 and obviously have pre- pre-diabeetus. Of course, they're paying for it. Cookies kill!

Actually, we, as hard working Americans, are paying for it.

You're welcome.

while you are at it, will you spot me some talenti gelato and a case of girl scout cookies?
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    The Thin Mints are in a delicious protein shake recipe that I got off bodybuilding.com. The Thin Mints are the only ones worth buying, imo lol.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I am a excellent home baker, which is usually at odds with losing weight, but one thing that is a boon is I no longer have a taste for ANY boxed/store bought sweets. They just aren't worth it. I did buy 3 boxes of GS cookies last year (PBP, Caramel DeLites and Thin Mints) only to find them *not worth it*.

Amen. They lost me when they started throwing high-fructose corn syrup into them. They're not a temptation at all for me.

DH bakes real cookies. With sugar and butter and ingredients I can pronounce. I eat one or two and the rest go to the church coffee hour.

DH, BTW, is old enough (75) to remember when the Girl Scouts baked their own cookies and sold them.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Perfect evening snack!!

Have_a_cookie.GIF
  • ndj1979
    Options

I've already ordered my mobility scooter . . .

did medicare pay for that?

I'm 41 and obviously have pre- pre-diabeetus. Of course, they're paying for it. Cookies kill!

Actually, we, as hard working Americans, are paying for it.

You're welcome.

Thank you.

Spare a brother a box of Thin Mints?

That's funny....
    ...except your choosing to poison your body with that crap, and I work super hard forty hours a week to pay for your mistakes.

But, by all means, keep gorging yourself on cookies.

LOL this has got to be trolling...
  • ndj1979
    Options

Perfect evening snack!!

I usually eat my Thin Mints with negative calorie celery to cancel each other out.

that only works if you drink it with milk made from raspberry ketones...
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I am a excellent home baker, which is usually at odds with losing weight, but one thing that is a boon is I no longer have a taste for ANY boxed/store bought sweets. They just aren't worth it. I did buy 3 boxes of GS cookies last year (PBP, Caramel DeLites and Thin Mints) only to find them *not worth it*.

Amen. They lost me when they started throwing high-fructose corn syrup into them. They're not a temptation at all for me.

DH bakes real cookies. With sugar and butter and ingredients I can pronounce. I eat one or two and the rest go to the church coffee hour.

DH, BTW, is old enough (75) to remember when the Girl Scouts baked their own cookies and sold them.

I'm pretty sure HFS is a gift from the gods because it's also in Oreos. And those things are pure gold!
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Options
    Ok. I understand. Get me a beer while you're up? Oh, and hand me the remote too?

Yeah,
    drink while your at it. Might as well.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sheesh, who let the trolls into my thread? Shoo, trolls.

This is a thread for cookie-likers, not cookie-dislikers-and-complete-judgey-mcjudgersoning.

Shoo.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You know what sucks!?! I don't even HAVE any Girl Scout cookies. Just Oreos *kicks rocks*
  • Zaftique
    Options
    It's ok. If you squish a Werther's Original into the white stuff, it's kind of like.. a Samoa... hmm...

ok, mebbe not.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Options

This is a thread for cookie-likers, not cookie-dislikers-and-complete-judgey-mcjudgersoning.

Shoo.

I don't "hate" cookies. Everything can be made healthily and consumed responsibly. What I hate is people flaunting their gluttony of sugar and then bragging about other people supporting their lifestyle choices. If you want to be a sugar addict, fine. Just don't expect me to support your habit!
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Options
    You know what sucks!?! I don't even HAVE any Girl Scout cookies. Just Oreos *kicks rocks*

No better, no worse. Both refined sugars and flavors.
  • Zaftique
    Options

Shoo.

I don't "hate" cookies. Everything can be made healthily and consumed responsibly. What I hate is people flaunting their gluttony of sugar and then bragging about other people supporting their lifestyle choices. If you want to be a sugar addict, fine. Just don't expect me to support your habit!

BOmZVCJ.gif

I'm seriously curious where I flaunted a gluttony of sugar and bragged about people supporting my lifestyle choices. I've read back through, and all I said was "gosh, I love GS cookies, but not really sure if I should have some, and isn't that such a bummer, amirite?"

I, however, am seeing lots of hate on your part. You're literally wishing people dead.

Follow me on this.

1. Someone has an illness. Let's say diabetes, even though plenty of skinny people have it. (I can name 3 in my own life.)
    2. You wish that person to lose access to healthcare for reasons. Unsure of those reasons, but you seem to have them.
    3. Without healthcare, that person no longer gets the medicines they need to live.
    4. They die.

In the words of Mario Batali, you seem successful and delightful!
  • Zaftique
    Options
    6tnoVFF.gif

OK, I'm saving that .gif. ^_^
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options

Shoo.

You do realise everything that's been said to you since you jumped on someone's back about eating cookies has been sarcasm? As you seem to think everyone who eats cookies is a drain on the medical system