1400 cal intake

Options
So I'm about 165 right now and I want to be around 115. so I wanna try and lose about 45 pounds, is that doable with about 1400 cal intake?

Replies

• mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So I'm about 165 right now and I want to be around 115. so I wanna try and lose about 45 pounds, is that doable with about 1400 cal intake?

I certainly hope so since that's about what I'm starting at, and where my daily calorie goal is also.
  • kristinc89
    kristinc89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    some people tell me to go to 1200 and some tell me to go to 1400 and I don't want to take in to many calories and not see the weight come off

Good luck to you!
  • reggie7727
    reggie7727 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't cheat you will lose the weight at a safe and sustainable pace at 1400 calories. You will go crazy at 1200. Make sure to get your daily excercise in. Try and concentrate on your Macros so you stay healthly and have energy.
  • kristinc89
    Options
    As long as you don't cheat you will lose the weight at a safe and sustainable pace at 1400 calories. You will go crazy at 1200. Make sure to get your daily excercise in. Try and concentrate on your Macros so you stay healthly and have energy.

I try and start out with 15 mins of excercise a day since I haven't done excercise for years ( I used to but I broke my knee playing soccer and haven't excercised since) and once I can work my way up t0 25 mins and then 35 mins and ETC.
  • kristinc89
    Options
    I'm new to this so it might be a stupid question but what is Macros and what should I be looking out for?
  • ryanklobucar
    Options
    Macros are all the nutrients that food make up.

Protein, fiber, fat, carbs yada yada...all that stuff is what makes up the calories and when you macro you set specific goals as to how much you will consume of that particular macro nutrient and then plan accordingly.

Looking at macros is not that hard and if you are worried about specific ones you can set them inside of MFP to track which ones are the most important. There is going to be a lot of advice about what you should or shouldn't do with your macros so I won't give advice either. You kind of have to see what works for you. My macros as a male and trying to body build would cause mine to be different than yours.

Hopefully I can post a link in here without getting in trouble.
    This might explain it better to you.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html
  • kristinc89
    Options
    Thanks!! I just looked in MFP and know I understand it..Thank you
  • reggie7727
    reggie7727 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    One thing to remember. Cutting calories is how you lose weigth. Exercising is how you keep it off. :smile: