• tkbuc
    tkbuc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Also, below is the information I have gathered:

IIFYM.com states my BMR=1929 / TDEE=2737 / TDEE-20%=2189
    Myfitnesspal.com states my BMR=1927 / TDEE=2410 / TDEE-500cal = 1910
    Scoobysworkshop.com states my BMR = 2080 / TDEE=2496 / TDEE-20%=1996

Kind of varies.

I plugged all of my calories consumed since December 1st and I have been averaging 2021 calories consumed. With that, I started December at 231 and am down to 223 which I have been lately for two weeks. Over these two weeks, I have averaged 2033 calories consumed. So does that mean the 2033 average is what my actual maintenance is at 223lbs?
  • reggie7727
    reggie7727 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You may want to try a re-feed once a week to reset your metobolism.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I agree with reggie. Have you been dieting non-stop for a year? If so, you may want to consider a diet break. Lyle McDonald, a highly-regarded nutrition expert, wrote an excellent article on the full diet break (link below). It's really proven for busting plateaus. You might consider this. Good luck!

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    are you sure you are eating enough? I just figured out my husband's recommended calories the other day when we were playng around and he weighs a bit less then you. it said he needed more than 1800 a day. Maybe you need to switch it up every other day and also when doing cardio try doing interval training. It gets your heart going up and down the entire time and really brings on a sweat. Also when you do weights, try circuit training (look it up on youtube) it is when you use solid but heavy as you can stand reps of each weight and instead of resting then doing another set you start right into another exercise/machine. I aim for twenty reps with as much as I can stand for the first ten then drop the weight down a bit and do the last ten. Just pump it out faster but watch your form. THis is great for men or women and really makes you sweat. Sometimes your body gets stuck in a rut and you got to force it to work harder. Hey ps; we live close to each other pretty much. Don't be discouraged, its a learning process
  • tkbuc
    tkbuc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Never heard of a re-feed. Need to look up on that. As far as am I eating enough? I think so based on what the consensus is on various websites when I plug my data in... I think in order to be stagnant, I must have found my maintenance weight for my current weight and need to figure out how to re calc my caloric intake since what the website is telling me isn't working