Anybody 50yrs old plus? Looking for support!

Options
Hi, I'm. 53yo and WAY outta shape with lots of lbs to lose. I was hoping to find some friends a little closer to my age as it seems everyone on here is so young, lol!! I want to give support and share houghts and ideas too!

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    go to "groups," and search for over 50; here is the link to one of the groups

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13-50-fabulous-and-fit
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    47 and DH is 50. We are both getting back into shape... he is ahead of me and lost 85 lbs already... it's a bit harder for us ladies. But feel free to add me and we can help each other.
  • 55romaine
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I don't have a lot to lose but will need ongoing support when I get to maintenance and am happy to provide support and encouragement.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm. 53yo and WAY outta shape with lots of lbs to lose. I was hoping to find some friends a little closer to my age as it seems everyone on here is so young, lol!! I want to give support and share houghts and ideas too!

Ahhhh....you're just a kid!
  • reggie7727
    reggie7727 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too am 53 and in the best shape I have ever been in. You can do it. Eating right and exercise can be fun and rewarding. Hit the gym and make some new friends.
  • smisra3
    smisra3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 49 and my husband is 50 and we're both trying to prioritize our health...I have lots more to lose than him and it's taking longer but I'm committed. Feel free to add me for motivation/support.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yup, 53 here! I've been on MFP for a little over a year. Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and would love the mutual support! I lost only 0.2 pounds last week, which surprised me until I discovered tonight that I need to be eating more to reach my net calories. I love the wealth of knowledge among members on MFP. I started logging my exercise and food on Jan 19 and am learning so much in the process from the numerous helpful postings on the message boards. So please add me as one of your buddies, if you'd like.
  • pathpt
    pathpt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a very newbie. I had done ww and lost about 40 lbs 21/2 yrs ago and gained it all back. I have been trying for the past several mos and just going up and down a few lbs, went to the gym and over did it. My Dr told me to " watch the carbs" Ahhh!! I see.. I really like the way this is all viable in a clear way. This way I can see where i am making choices that may be the problem. I am 57 and it seems so much more difficult now. I think once I get going on this I will start to feel good. Count me in!
  • motmot21
    motmot21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    go to "groups," and search for over 50; here is the link to one of the groups

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13-50-fabulous-and-fit
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 51! Welcome! We can do this!!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 52. Welcome!
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2014
  • netite
    netite Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am almost 55. I am serious about this being the year that I drop the weight and choose to be free. Add me to your list of new friends! :)
  • rotay60
    rotay60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just turned 54 on Jan 30, welcome! This is our year!!!
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Will WAAY over 50 do? 64 and fighting it every step of the way! You're only as old as you act! ;-) :laugh: Feel free to add me. You can do this!
  • deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    54 you can add me
  • WillowLorraine
    WillowLorraine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 47 and having the same problem, finding people near my age. I'd love to be buddies!

Willow
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    hi. I'm 60. been on here since August. add me if you'd like. I'll help you and you can help me along our journeys, if you'd like.
  • FitForRiding
    Options
    Welcome! A lot of us over 50 have been looking for you????
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1198152-55-yr-old-new-to-group-not-to-lifting