Am I Excerising Too Much?

Options
I work out 7 days a week for 45 minutes and eat around 900 calories a day. I never feel fatigued or like I'm over worked. But am I over doing it? Should I only be working out 4-5 days a week?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'd be more concerned about the fact you don't eat nearly enough.
  • leep917
    leep917 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's not that I'm holding myself back from eating I'm just not hungry. I eat when I'm hungry and try to eat healthy choices. I just don't usually reach.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Unless you are a teeny tiny person, 900 cals generally isn't nearly enough, especially with exercise. Doesn't matter if you feel hungry or not - eat super low cals over time and the body adjusts to the low intake, eventually slowing metabolism, you feel less hungry, and eventually have to eat lower and lower cals in order to lose weight.

Not a road you want to go down.
  • TpocketT60
    TpocketT60 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Please eat more. Even if you are like under 100 lbs, your BMR is probably somewhere around 1200-1300 calories a day, which is your calorie usage by your body AT REST.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    You're eating too little.

The exercising seems like enough. A little on the high side, but not too terrible. you could be doing 90-120 minutes 6-7 days a week, which is a lot more intense.

I would definitely figure out how much food you actually need to eat to lose weight. No one can function on 900 calories a day. Even 1200 is pushing it!

Figure out what you need to eat to lose 1 lb a week. That is probably more around 1500-1600 a day, with your activity levels. If you want to lose a half pound more a week, 1300-1400 may work.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Nuts are generally high in calories, try them if you need help reaching the allotted amount of calories.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yeah….eating WAY too little.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    hunger isnt a good indication of whether or not you should be eating more or less.

eat more food.

also we're assuming that you're logging correctly in terms of weighing and measuring your food and logging everything you eat. for all we know you could be eating 1400 calories and only thinking you're eating 900. in fact if you arent dropping weight like crazy then i would wager a bet that you are eating more than you think
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'd be more concerned about the fact you don't eat nearly enough.

---NAIL----
    THE HEAD
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You defiantly need to eat more. If you are really working yourself that much and only eating that little, it's going to ruin your body. You need to eat at least like, 1.2k calories a day. What kind of exercise are you doing? If you're lifting and looking for muscle you really really need to eat more otherwise you are not going to see results.. Also, you need to be at least getting your daily amount of protein or close to it for your muscles to grow and be strong... and a decent sized chicken breast is like 200 cals..
  • leep917
    leep917 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'll try to boost to 1300 a day. I usually do cardio so around 40 mins on a tredmill and then 5 mins crunches and strength training. My diet usually consists of 30% protein which is what has been alloted for me by MFP. Thank you all so much! I want to do this the right way. I'll definitely up my calorie intake
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Because…chances are….1300 is still probably not enough.