What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• kristinc89
    kristinc89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast about 3 times a week and I eat either a Clif peanut butter bar or oatmeal
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I'm not big on breakfast, I need a little protein in the morning, and I'm lazy. So, yeah. Cheese.

Or one of those Jimmie Dean Delights breakfast sandwich thingies.

Or oatmeal.

Or toast.

But mostly cheese.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'll either have egg whites, turkey, on a whole wheat wrap with Sriracha, or plain oatmeal with peanut butter and mixed berries.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When I was on a deficit and losing weight, I would either have a hard boiled egg with either a bowl of oatmeal or yogurt... about 200 - 250 calories or so.

Now that I am at maintenance, I mix it up a bit more. Some of my standards:

Cereal with a banana (whole milk)
    Bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich (English muffin or thomas' bagel thins)
    Homemade pancakes with pure maple syrup
    Homemade waffles, again with the pure maple syrup
    Yogurt, hard boiled egg, and fresh fruit (cantaloupe, orange, banana, etc.)
    Almond butter and jelly on toast
    Peanut butter and jelly on toast
    Homemade "McGriddle": Basically the bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich with two half-sized pancakes and a dash (1 tbsp.) of pure maple syrup.
    Bisquick coffee cake and a hard-boiled egg.
    Some form of omlette featuring three eggs, cheese, and sautéed veggies

All of the above come out to between 400 and 500 calories.
  • _jessicamarie_
    _jessicamarie_ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I make a really yummy egg bake casserole type thing that lasts several days. It involves eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, and whatever veggies I want to throw in. It's so good.

I also have been making this apple-muffin-in-a-mug thing I found on pinterest, similar to those brownie-in-a-mug microwavable desserts but more breakfast-y. It's delish.

I also eat a lot of last night's leftovers for breakfast. When my kid was a baby and I was up nursing her at all hours, I lost all preconceived notions of what constitutes appropriate "breakfast food" and will happily chow down on whatever I made last night, reheated.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Usually yogurt, fruit and homemade granola, sometimes oatmeal and fruit. I mix it up on weekends with eggs in baskets or scrambled eggs, but for some reason it doesn't always fill me up.

And coffee, of course.

I miss homemade waffles. I haven't done the math, but I suspect they'd screw up the rest of my day.
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter banana sandwich with a side of 1c egg whites.
    2 Men's 1 a day gummie multi-vitamins
  • fishsquishy
    fishsquishy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Kashi cereal with berries
    Banana weight control oatmeal - occasionally throw in a dozen choc chips and it's like a banana choc chip muffin.
    Peanut butter toast, muffin, or pita
    Canadian Bacon, sharp light cheese on wheat bagel
    Pre-cut grapefruit cups with no syrup. All kinds of fruits.
    Baked apple with cinnamon and splenda
    Hard boiled eggs
    Scrambled eggs with spinach, veggies, and some cheese. Occasionally some turkey too.
    Almost always a packet of Emergen-C with water and ice. Also add some fresca or diet ginger ale to give it some oomph.
    Trader Joes Coconut flakes (the big ones) in yogurt or fat free pudding cups.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Cookies and cream pancakes with chocolate chips and reeses peanut butter chips

Greek yogurt with dark chocolate granola

Oatmeal with protein powder and chocolate chips. .. sometimes with peanut butter
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love to have coffee and a banana with freshly ground almond butter, or a piece of toast with a hardboiled egg or half a banana with a piece of toast and some almond butter. I also really like to make overnight oats with yogurt, uncooked oats and some frozen fruit, like blueberries or a smoothie with protein powder, a frozen banana and some strawberries and sometimes spinach.

I tend to only have the overnight oats and the smoothies when it is hot outside. I can't do smoothies in the winter.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    For me: no breakfast.

First meal is after 12:00pm

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    I love breakfast so much I have it twice

Early: Juiced collander of green vegetables: 2 Apples, 1/4 collander of kale, 1/4 collander of Spinach, whole lemon including the peel, gingeroot - no celery as i hate celery SO MUCH! -

Mid morning: wholemeal toast - with maduka honey or banana, and another juice - 5 carrots, 1 Red apple, 1 green apple, 1 beetroot, over ice - so good! my work has gotten used to me hauling in wierd looking containers of coloured liquid

I change the mid morning juice but always have the gresen one in the morning

How does it make me feel? A MILLION POUNDS! always got loads of energy, my alertness at work has gone up - my skin has never looked better, waist is trim, losing the lower belly 'fat ring' which usually sits around my abdomen - awesome!

Umm... can you help me?! I just posed a topic asking for opinions on my morning "Green Monsta" smoothie. It's very nutritious, I believe, but it doesn't keep me full. The replies on the post were mostly criticizing the sugar content and it's lack in nutrition-- at least that was my interpretation. Anyway, it seems like you are receiving the benefits I am attempting to receive. Can I add you as a friend and can you help me re-vamp my breakfast & other meals? :)

Added! thanks for the message I would be delighted to help you out as i am definitely getting results. I wanted to write you a proper post about my experiences so far

The hunger you describe isn't ACTUAL hunger -- its a sensation you get because these nutrients are putting your bodies metabolism into overdrive - you are essentially getting nutrients without the digestive process happening - they just get absorbed straight into the body and start doing you good immediately, its the feeling of digestion that you are missing..which the body rewards us with good sensations.

if you've eaten food for 30yrs your body will naturally complain when you try to stop feeding it crap every time your brain receptors think they should get it .. so its REALLY hard to begin with -- persevere though its worth it

I'm not sure what the greepn monster is but post up the recipe and i will give it a go!

I use a pasta collander as my measure - sticking with the 80/20 rule its based on volume not the amount of juice you get out of each vegetable, so 2 apples may get you more juice than a quarter collander of kale, but the kale was bigger in volume before it went in and is absolutely stuffed full of amazing stuff - same for the spinach.. it helps as a guide i guess

Take a pasta collander - a big one! - fill 1/4 with fresh spinach (i used the washed bag stuff), 1/4 of kale - 2 apples - 1 half a lemon unpeeled (leave the peel on it tastes awesome!) - and 1 whole cucumber for the green juice. I tend to put icecubes in the jug at the bottom of the juicer because i love this drink very cold. It will be a bit frothy butne nothing a stir with a spoon won't fix.

Mid morning i tend to have a more whole drink -- typical is 5 carrots, 2 apples, 1 beetroot and half a lemon. I have this with a piece of wholemeal toast and a banana or blueberries, or honey! with ice - this is known to lower blood pressure. if you are working out after a few days you will find that the lowered blood pressure will really supercharge your workouts and you will get fatigued much later into your workout.

If you fancy a change from this, in your jug put 2 scoops of chocolate 100% protein powder - then get the blender or if youve the same juicer as me, Juice the apple to get just the juice - then swap the disc for the froojee disc (like a smoothie one) and add blueberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, avocado - for a black forest gateau flavored treat WITH literally no fat.

replace said disc with food blender if you have a different juicer + add the apple juice into the top the other way

At lunchtime I eat PROPERLY every day, chicken, salad, tuna, hell have a baked potato with baked beans - get your fibre in and eat balanced - nothing processed!

Dinner time (evening) just have another juice sometime before going to bed - there are loads of amazing recipes online so i tend to do a random one just to see what i like - so you can experiment with this one

My stats so far in 2 months are:

4' Lost from Waist - 36' down to 32' which are now feeling a bit loose also
    24lb dissipated from my midsection, face, chin, and man boobs are gone (im not doing weight training atall!!)
    Body fat % gone from 22 to 16.5 (my abs are peeking through gradually) verified by proper machine
    The doughtnut ring on the bottom of my stomach is now becoming flatter and flatter - i have never before succeededi n removing this doughnut ring at the bottom

Bloated stomach, headaches and a variety of health problems dissipated (i had a permanent cough which has now gone)

Trust me your going to feel amazing - ignore detractors about sugar content - if you are working out your going to look pretty buff - really fast and have massive energy in your day to day work routine - your only eating 20% fruit in most cases so i wouldnt worry about this.

The trick here is to eat properly at lunchtime so your not hungry the rest of the day til the evening - Juice in the morning and the evening eat well at lunch and mid morning - total is 4 meals a day

Give it a shot and let us know how you get on! i can get some screenshots of my juices if you want to try some out