What to order at bars?

Options
I'm a college senior. When my friends and I go out, it's usually to a bar. I like to drink, but I don't think my go to drink (Captain Coke) is exactly helping with weight loss.

Any healthier suggestions? I mostly stick to liquor instead of beer/wine (rum/tequila preferably, though I will drink vodka).

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,978 Member
    Options
    I go to bars for chicken wings n beer, but the healthy kind. :bigsmile:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Bloody Mary. That way can say you had your veggies too.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Substitute diet soda or fizzy water as your mix.
  • sjketterer2
    Options
    Straight liquor without mixer...so vodka martini straight up, gin martini, bourbon on the rocks, etc.
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Try a flavored vodka with plain soda water.
  • TXCruiseGal
    TXCruiseGal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My bar drink of choice is usually vodka soda with lime… about 200 calories :cry: (Unless you can find a bar with diet soda).
    But then I read an article that said champagne was the lowest calorie drink at about 90 calories per glass. So depending on the situation, I get champagne when I can. It takes me a LONG time to drink one glass, so it goes a little further into the evening!

Ann
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Vodka water and put milo in it or bud select 55 or Michelob ultra
  • havetubawilltravel
    havetubawilltravel Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Rum and tonic with a twist of lime, the classic "boat drink" that Mr. Buffet sings of....

Get a good, flavorful dark rum, like Meyers, and sip, don't guzzle.

Or just use diet coke instead of regular in your Captain Coke; a slice of lime will hide that "diet" taste...
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Same here!

I order vodka seltzers with two lemon wedges most of the time, but if I'm drinking with a meal I get champagne.

I find the problem is not in the booze cals, but the WILD UNSTOPPABLE URGE to snack once I'm a little drunk.

So now it's once a week drinking for me. Keeping the damage to a minimum.
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Drink water and be the designated driver.

[ETA: To be fair, my favorite alcoholic beverage is rum and diet coke - even if I wasn't on a calorie deficit.]
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tequila until sunrise