people can tell i've lost weight :)

Options
bel74
bel74 Posts: 32 Member
i posted on here a few weeks back that i'd lost 21lbs and i could'nt notice a differance.i've now lost 29lbs and while out yesterday my husband took a photo of me with my son and i did'nt cringe when i saw a photo of myself :happy:
i still have a long way to go,but im starting to like me again.
im not sure how to put photos on here,but if you want to take a look there on my profile.

Replies

• ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know for a lot of people, including myself, it's hard to see any progress in the mirror... Pics make all the difference in the world.

Great job!
  • iampam654
    Options
    congrats thats awesome! I've done mirror pictures for usually every 10 pounds I lose and it's amazing how much of a difference you can see!
  • bkmush
    bkmush Posts: 27
    Options
    oh wow I can REALLY see the difference in the pics. AWESOME job!!!!!!

I have lost 22 lbs and I don't see it or even feel it at all. However, it's taken me forever to lose them (due to all the u-turns I've been taking on my journey) so it's been a slow change and also I'm 5'9'' at least so I think it's like a drop in the bucket with being so tall lol.

You look awesome! very inspiring - and I'm thinking of getting brave and starting pics now - maybe every 20 lbs...
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Great work congrats!!!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You can see the difference in the pics. I had a rough weekend and splurged. I'm a little upset with myself but back on track tonight. I don't have a full length mirror but went to work out some today with my two boys. I can see it in the mirrors at the gym so I know I messed up but getting right back on the horse. LOL. Keep up your good work!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Pictures speak a thousand words :flowerforyou: I didn't think I'd lost that much, only 20 lbs, but when the first thing my perfectly skinny Baby Sister said to me on Thursday at my Mum's when she got there was "you look great, Nat!", I had to smile :happy: She's usually the type not to notice that stuff & go off on tangents about everything else in the world :laugh:

Keep up the great work, I know it's a great feeling - I wish I had more pics of me from before so I could really compare, but I've avoided camera's for the last few years :laugh:

Just a little something that started to help me a lot as well, was taking measurements rather that just relying on the scale: I haven't really lost much weight in the last couple months, but I measured my thigh a couple days ago & I've lost 2 inches since August! (I had my fiance do the measurements so I can't accidentally fudge or sabotage myself :tongue: )

Good luck on your journey, there are many of us traveling right along side you wishing support & encouragement :flowerforyou:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS you look great. You should be proud of yourself. It is such a great feeling when you are able to start noticing the difference. Keep up the good work
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    AW.... I'm sure you've always looked fantastic. I'm glad losing weight has helped you gain back some of that self-confidence. Keep up the good work!*pat on the back*.

Shannon
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    That's so great!! :D
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You look great. Great job done!!!
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    You look awesome!!! I had my brother take a pic at the park today as my official new before pic since I am starting up again.
    I can't wait to see the progress later. Thanks for sharing! You are inspiring!:)
  • Want2bHealthE
    Want2bHealthE Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sweet, Bel! I'm one of those people that can certainly tell you've lost weight, but what is most important is that you are seeing it and feeling great about your success! I haven't reached the point where I can see it yet, but I'm starting to feel it a bit. Keep up the great work!
  • MrsRios
    Options
    U look awesome!! Big difference!! Same thing happened to me on i took some pics on Thanksgiving and compared them to some old ones and there was a big difference!! : )
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Yes you are doing great and it shows! Thanks for sharing.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    29 pounds is awesome - congratulations! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    You look wonderful .. congratulations :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!