Looking for friends!

Options
Hello, everyone! My name is Amy; I'm 30, single, and I spend more time at work that I probably should. I was a member of MFP a couple years ago, and was so happy with the progress I was making! Counting calories made sense in my head, much more than points, or drinking grapefruit juice with every meal ever did! I lost nearly 100 pounds, and then... I'm not sure what happened. Life, I suppose.

I didn't notice right away that I was gaining weight back, not until the new clothes I had bought no longer fit, and I was out buying clothes in bigger sizes because I'd donated all my old ones. For about a year, I thought to heck with this. I can't do it. In reality, it was that I didn't want to, that it was frustrated with myself.

Two years later, I've gained that 100 back, plus a smidge more. I've been counting calories again for about a week now, and just got a new fitbit in the mail yesterday. Time to dust off that food scale and measuring cups, because it's time!

I'm looking for some friends to keep me motivated, because I suck at this all on my own!

Replies

• abickford82
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost 100+ over the past couple years. Working on the last 20lbs. this year. I've been through the gain back phase, too. So having been there I understand starting over.

I'm a faithful logger, I exercise 6 days a week, and comment as often as I can. :)
  • kareit
    kareit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy! I, too, have had some success in the past, only to gain everything back. I know exactly what it feels like to buy new clothing in smaller sizes, only outgrow them again. I'm starting to make some progress again thanks to MFP -- not only the tools, but also the awesome community here!
  • kaymarie35
    kaymarie35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, in the same boat and have at least 100lbs to use. Would love another buddie along the way :) x
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Fr sent..loving the hair! :)
  • MShkya
    MShkya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you did it once, you can do it again! I've been struggling with weight all my life myself. I'm 32 and I have never, ever been skinny. I want to lose 77-80lbs. I've been doing MFP on and off for about 3 years and have been a lurker in the forums, looking for tips and inspiration but I've only started commenting since last week. I hope to come out of my shell and build new friendships. I've tried to do this all on my own (like everything else) but I too realized I suck at it.

So.. let's be friends! :smile:
  • jazzrose15
    jazzrose15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im a newbie too. I work shifts so finding time to work out is quite difficult. Going on holiday in october and am wanting a bikini body ready. Add me if you like. :)
  • VJ97
    VJ97 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on MFP for a couple of years dipping in and out, but have found it much easier this time interacting with the community . Feel feel to add me as a freind and we can make the journey together :flowerforyou:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - You can all add me : )
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hello all..wishing you luck on all your goals.

feel free to add if youd like some support!
  • Amy01Liz
    Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too! Can always use extra motivation! :)
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP. I'm here to lend support. FR sent.
  • MsTerryJay
    MsTerryJay Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Same here! I have been that yo-yo for the past 20 years! One thing I haven't really done is reach out for friends... I am that textbook introvert, even on-line... :embarassed: I am leaving my comfort zone and would love to friend you and others here...

Also looking to join people's Digifit or Fitbit groups, if you have one (I haven't explored those groups yet either).
  • paschtat85
    Options
    Would love to have you add me as a friend.....I too...same boat....but - I know MFP works...and my mind frame is different this time - I am doing it for ME!! And my family will also benefit. Having the encouragement from others really helps.
    Cherie' from Walla Walla, WA
  • karentini
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Would love to have new friends! Motivation! That's what we need!!!!:happy: :happy:
  • mikester66
    mikester66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me:)