feeling hungry already-its a problem

Options
One of my problems I have is sometimes less than an hour-two hours i feel like I'm staving. Any ideas what to do about it?

Replies

• WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    ? Well, what are your goals?
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    :noway: Eat?!
  • jessicarush3760
    Options
    what im trying to say is while losing weight do u feel hungry all the time? a habbit of mine is going for the bad stuff. im trying not to do that. im starting to sound dumb in ways
  • jessicarush3760
    Options
    my goal is to lose weight for my wedding and feel healthyer after having our baby
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    If you like hummus, you can try that with pita chips. I am trying to gain weight and I am hungry all the time. Eat, just make sure it isn't total crap and you eat until you're full. Nothing more or less.
  • mickcass202
    mickcass202 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was really hungry all day for the first few weeks. Snacking on fruit and drinking herbal tea helped a lot.
  • Garfy117
    Garfy117 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry :) Sugar-free jelly is about 40 cals for a pints worth...cauliflour and mushrooms also have a pretty low cal-to-volume ratio!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Switch to foods with lower calorie density. For instance, a cup of cherry tomatoes is 30 calories, a cup of green pepper is closer to 15. Depending on how you cook it, a 4-oz chicken breast is 140 calories. The point, is you get more food for fewer calories.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Protein keeps you full - maybe try eating protein rich foods.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    One of my problems I have is sometimes less than an hour-two hours i feel like I'm staving. Any ideas what to do about it?

give us an example of something you eat that then makes you hungry an hour later?

or open your diary
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I agree protein is a good way to keep full. You could try having complex carbohydrates too. (Not the processed ones) You need ones which take a time to become properly digested because they make proper use of the body's systems. Simple, refined carbs are too easily accessible so they are quickly distributed by an over worked system.

all the best
  • Kevolar
    Kevolar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Drink some water? Do something to take your mind of your hunger.

Perhaps you're using your calories during the day to eat stuff that wont fill you up in the first place.

And lastly, (this may be controversial in a world of eating disorders) but personally, I like feeling hungry as I think that if I'm hungry then it means that my body is using its fat reserve there and then. To me feeling hungry = losing weight.
  • shannaniggans
    Options
    I'm always hungry, no matter how much i eat. So i find that if im still hungry having a pot of green tea helps cause I'll fill up on the liquid with virtually no calories to worry about. If you dont want the caffeine go for peppermint or herbal tea (just dont add honey or sugar). Usually im not 'hungry' im just craving something sweet, so i can last it out until my next meal.

If you arent eating enough though (not even 1200 cals) then you may actually be hungry and need an extra snack, try some almonds or veggie sticks and cottage cheese.
  • janetdebeer90
    janetdebeer90 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my goal is to lose weight for my wedding and feel healthyer after having our baby

So are you pregnant?
  • janetdebeer90
    janetdebeer90 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The reason I ask if you are pregnant is that you would need to take a different approach.

I get quite hungry between meals. I find a small snack will keep me going - previously I would have kept eating until bloated if I was in that kind of mood. Now I tell myself that a small snack is enough and it is with some distractions.

However in pregnancy, the hormones cause changes in blood sugars which gives a real need for food. I suggest you check with your doctor what you should eat to avoid the blood sugar lows.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Have you just started this approach? It WILL take a bit of time for your body to adjust, so some degree of feeling hungry is to be expected.

BUT

Hunger comes in waves, it doesnt just build up and up. So ride the wave. Drink water. Drink herbal teas. Go for a walk or do something to take your mind off it.

Have a look at WHAT you are eating - many people find carbs and suagrs leave them feeling very hungry sooon afterwards. If you set your diary to public we could give more specific advice, but in general switch to eggs for breakfast and ditch the cereal, have protein snacks like cheese or nuts, have soup or a salad instead of a sandwich at lunchtime.

Use the notes section of your diary to record how different foods make you feel.
  • missismonty
    missismonty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree with a few other posts - up your protein - omlettes for breakfast and perhaps lentil soup for lunch - it really does help.

Look for higher protein snacks such as carrots and hummous.

Good luck!
  • jessicarush3760
    Options
    no im not pregnant, ive had our baby boy now 6 months. its baby weight ive got to shift. Lets see At breakie i have branflakes with half cup lite milk, youg, bobby banana (all on my cereal) and a cuppa tea with milk no suger, lunch was a ham n cheese sandwitch with two peaces of fruit, cuppa tea or water, snacks usually cuppa tea or water, handful of nuts (afternoon tea, weight watches bar (super), or coke zero. tea tonight was a watties mean sensations honey soy chicken, low in fat and suger. yet im still hungery.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you looking to have a day??
    I eat 5 times a day (breakfast, lunch dinner & 2 snacks), the snacks can be half an apple or a glass of milk just to kick my metabolism, because I'm pretty much grazing throughout the day I rarely get hungry (wanting eat because I'm bored at my desk is another matter)
    Maybe open your diary for people to see??
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    no im not pregnant, ive had our baby boy now 6 months. its baby weight ive got to shift. Lets see At breakie i have branflakes with half cup lite milk, youg, bobby banana (all on my cereal) and a cuppa tea with milk no suger, lunch was a ham n cheese sandwitch with two peaces of fruit, cuppa tea or water, snacks usually cuppa tea or water, handful of nuts (afternoon tea, weight watches bar (super), or coke zero. tea tonight was a watties mean sensations honey soy chicken, low in fat and suger. yet im still hungery.

are you breast feeding?