Stuck in a cycle of weight off, weight on, then unmotivated

Ok I've set a goal for this week of logging everyday, not eating after 9 pm, at least 6000 steps on they days I work and 10,000 on my off days. I work from home 4 days a week tied to a computer and phone for 10 hours so 6000 is quite the goal. I will work out twice this week at the gym and walk 5 days.

So why am I posting this? I really could use of support. I have been in the 180's forever. I lose 5 pounds and gain it back. I REALLY want to lose some weight. 10 pounds by 4/1/14. If anyone out there is like me then lets band together and get a move on. I have a core group of MFP friends that are great, I love them all but its time to move out of my comfort zone and kick some booty.

I am on every day and will support and encourage you too!!!!

Replies

• findingjanelle
    findingjanelle Posts: 12 Member
    I will help encourage you ! I am the same .....stuck :(
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I work from home so movement is really low and for every 3 pounds I lose I always gain it back. It is so so hard and I'm really struggling, but I'm determined to get it done. I realised that I just can't cheat if I want it to work. A lot of people can get away with all sorts and still lose, but I have to be eating under 1500 cals and all healthy food. I know I haven't been 100% good before and that is the reason for my lack of loss so I'm trying to be honest with myself and accountable at all times. I'm also keeping log of everything on here and on paper. I have a little chart that I log my weight on daily, and tick or cross whether I've eaten well, exercised and how I've felt. This sounds totally obsessive but is the only way I can stay accountable and invested. Otherwise I just give up. Every morning I log my weight and yesterday's progress and if I've gained I can look back and see what has caused it. If I've eaten too much carbs and gained then I know to avoid it the next day, or do more exercise etc.

You can do this Sharon. We can do it together. Just don't give up! I've still only lost about 2 pounds this year and I'm just going to have to accept that it will be slow. But eventually it will go. If we stay consistent. I'm here to help in any way I can. Send me a message if you want some help :) xxx
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    I'm exactly the same right now. Lost 5lbs, put 2 back on over the weekend and am now in the "may as well eat cake and be fat then!" mindset. Add me and kick my butt please!
  • Dancing_Laeti
    Dancing_Laeti Posts: 752 Member
    Please add me and kick my butt!!!
    I've managed to lose a total of 11kg (23lb?) and then freaked out, put 3kg back on, lost 2 again, held that for a while lost another 1kg, put 3 back on... It's like I'm scared of being thin!! Also, I'm a stress eater (if that makes sense) and I'm rather stressed at the moment. I know, excuses, excuses...
    I need to get out of this rut!
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    I am definitely in with you. So far this year I’ve lost about 2lbs (to be totally honest I’m pretty sure I’ve gained it back, and then some) but I haven’t stepped on the scales for about a month. I zero’d my ticker on 1 January as I had lost around 2 stone (28 lbs) over the course of a couple of years and had seriously stalled.

I seem to be suffering from lack of motivation and have no - one to talk it through with, except for my the people on here. My friends at work start to think I get a bit too obsessive when I moan about eating too much. I think I have a very unhealthy relationship with food but even though I have secretly thought about making myself sick or even starving myself I have never done it!! I’m the kind of girl who eats the wrong food and then tries to justify it by coming up with excuses like “I’m really busy and stressed at work”, “I’m bored at work as I’ve run out of things to do” (I know there’s no winning that one) or even “oh, it’s the TOM that’s why I’ve been eating too much chocolate - I obviously need it” (I really must stop using this one for three weeks a month!)

I’ve logged on every day for over a year and will openly admit to the fact that even though I open the app or look on the website I don’t always finish my diary.

I know I need to do more exercise and will be signing up for a 5k walk and 10k (probably) walk later in the year.

Feel free to add me as a friend - together we can all support each other.

Vx
  • totally with you all too! However just started a new approach and its really been working for me

eat more 2 weigh less <- google it - also group on MFP already

basically work out your BMR and your TDEE

if like me you have been trying to survive on 1200 cals per day and its on/off - this hopefully will make sense

your BMR is your cal burn when you are sleeping 24/7 ie doing nothing therefore why eat less than that! which for me 1200 is less

so I have started upping my cals OMG how scary and lost 1lb last week and feel great!

so went from 1200 per day to 1600 - was scared weight would go on and it didn't it came off plus I never felt starved or angry or tired - but I listened to my body it grumbles at lunch time so I know when I need to eat. I am upping cals even more to try to eat at my TDEE to reset my body from the 1200 - once there I will then introduce the TDEE-20% cut - which is around 1800

This to me seems a way of life that I can cope with - I can eat cake if I want - but actually quite happy to eat good food and enjoy it and not miss out on things cos its not within my 1200

Maybe "shake the toaster" this way and do something very new?

Am up for friending if that helps too??

Sarah
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    I created a spread sheet... here i log my daily weight, gain or loss from the previous day, calories in, calories out (by my fitbit) the deficit... since i started doing this for a few weeks and i have noticed that my weight loss is not linear and is up and down.... now knowing that it is up and down and watching my ins and outs i am much more motivated to 1. eat consistently and i am able to track binges! 2. exercise as I can see lazy days! 3. eat appropriately for days that are less active.... and i know if i gain for few days there will eventually be a loss if i keep my figures in check!
    i have a big loss after my rest days as my muscles release the water they were storing for repair or a gain if i eat too much or blow out on sodium. i like number, spreadsheets help me to check and balance... can also work out a weekly average and i started tracking MFP predicted weight loss just to see if it is accurate.