Counting water in take

Options
How do you count your water intake. Do you include water used in making tea/coffee/other drinks as well or just pure water you drink.

Replies

• renley
    renley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If I am drinking coffee, I log coffee, same with tea. If I am drinking juice, I log juice. If pop, I log pop. If I am drinking water, I count water.

Or do you mean how does everyone log their liquid intake? Two different questions. My answer, see above.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I've been to a nutritionist lastweek, and she says that nestea, cereal drink and milk counts as water intake. But coffee, nope.

But but but but honestly for me, water intake is just plain water either cold or lukewarm.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    When I'm logging water in my diary it is just water.
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When I'm logging water in my diary it is just water.

Same here. If I'm drinking coffee, even though it contains water, I don't consider that a glass of water... it's a glass/cup of coffee. I make sure I get at least those 8 glasses of strict water per day.
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I include water and decaf tea/coffee so long as its only got a small amount of milk in it.
  • 2Dozen
    2Dozen Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Water is water. Everything else that is liquid but not water, its that thing.
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I tend to count glasses of squash as water. I use no added sugar squash and include it in my calorie allowance ( its like 2 calories a glass), but it is basically a glass of water with added flavour, so I always include it in my water count too. but anything else I wouldn't count as water :smile: I would just include it in my drinks section of the diary. But it is personal choice, whatever you feel is best for you
  • ssbmacdaddy
    ssbmacdaddy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Why are u logging water it has no calories? I know you need 6-8 glasses a day but why log it?
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Just water. 80 - 100 oz. per day
  • ssbmacdaddy
    ssbmacdaddy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Do u mean year counting water weight? Are u just counting water to make sure your getting your 100 oz?
  • dewaltfan
    dewaltfan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I never bother to log my water intake. I have a 1000ml Camelbak that I have with me all day and there are days that I refill it probably 7-8 times.

I think my water intake it enough...:tongue:
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Water = water

Water + tea bag = tea not purely water
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I count everything except espresso coffee.

For anyone worried about whether caffeinated drinks 'count', yes they do provided you are a) drinking that amount of caffeine regularly and b) you are not ingesting over 300mg of caffeine during the day. Over amounts of 300mg there is a 1.1mL increase in urine for every mg (e.g. 300mg caffeine will cause an extra 330mL of water to be excreted). You'd be having to drink an awful lot of strong coffee or taking caffeine tablets for this to happen though, given that a single expresso coffee (1.5 fl oz) contains arond 70mg.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I log water as water, nothing else. I drink a fair amount of tea over and above water, and it could count according to studies that have disproved the diuretic effect (You would need to drink more than 6 cups at a sitting for the diuretic effect to kick in from the caffeine - I imagine the same number would be true for coffee - 300mg of caffeine causes the diuretic effect - edit if you are taking painkillers with caffeine in them then it comes on sooner)