Time to be serious

Options
Hello, I am 32 years old and lived my 20's like a moron. I am 6 foot 2 inches and when I got out of the Navy I was 210 pounds. They told us that when you leave the military you will put on 30 pounds.....so I did. Then a couple years later I started college, where they tell you about the freshmen 15....I put those on as well. In about a year I have gone down from 265 to 242. Well, I have been hovering at 242 since July.

I found myfirnesspal through an app on my cellphone and could not be more impressed. So far it is incredibly easy and convenient. I also have started taking Jiu Jitsu and I really need to lower my weight to be more competitive in lower weight classes.

This website and app has made me realize just how much I was eating and how wrong I was with what I thought were reasonable amounts.

Here to moderation, control, and success.

Replies

• Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good luck, stick with it.
  • solthebull
    Options
    Thank you, I am hoping to compete in the Arnold Classic grappling/Jiu Jitsu matches in Columbus Ohio this March so I will have to stick with it.
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Myself and my family have a Karate, Judo and Tai-Kwondo background. Once you get stuck in you'll love it and the friendships will be as strong as those from the Navy. I am ex Royal Air Force. Just remember that the senior belts started somewhere.
  • solthebull
    Options
    Before you can be the hammer, you have to be the nail.