Hotel NSV

Options
I'm travelling with work this week. This is usually an excuse to completely forget about MFP, and, having eaten a terrible dinner (usually with chips/fries) in the hotel bar, spend the rest of the evening lying on a strange bed in my hotel room gradually burying myself in the empty packets of every chocolate bar, biscuit and packet of crisps in the minibar to curb my boredom and loneliness.

THIS TIME I did a fitness blender workout in my hotel room, using bottles of water as extra weight for the body-weight exercises.

Kind of feels like a breakthrough....

(PS I swear I'm not on commission, but the people who created all the free workouts on Fitness Blender are saints as far as I'm concerned. Terrific stuff!)

Replies

• tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Super Job..Keep up the good work. Im going to look up that site.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    That is awesome...wtg!! :drinker:
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I know it isn't one of these astounding weight loss success stories....but it all matters to the individual, right? Thanks for your encouragement. :blushing:
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It's all about switching out the bad habits for new and better ones! That's huge! Good for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know it isn't one of these astounding weight loss success stories....but it all matters to the individual, right?

All of the astounding weight loss stories on here are simply a compilation of "smaller" victories and habit building like this one. Breaking the habit of boredom/emotional eating is difficult indeed, and you should be proud! Terrific work, keep it up!!
  • runningincognito
    Options
    I completely understand where you're coming from. Since I've started touring a lot for my job I've gained a considerable amount of weight. I went from athletic and toned to sort of skinny fat. It's tough to stay out of the minibar and hard to exercise. I've started doing killer buns and thighs in the hotel room instead of trying to lift in the hotel gym which usually sucks and I bring snacks now instead of eat out of the minibar. It helps but I'm just now trying to revamp my traveling lifestyle.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    well done !
    this is a Fab NSV!
    I am terrible for muching when I am bored so I am completely with you.
    look forwad to hearinf about the next one!
  • Miasen
    Miasen Posts: 31
    Options
    I know it isn't one of these astounding weight loss success stories....but it all matters to the individual, right?

All of the astounding weight loss stories on here are simply a compilation of "smaller" victories and habit building like this one. Breaking the habit of boredom/emotional eating is difficult indeed, and you should be proud! Terrific work, keep it up!!

WELL SAID!!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSV! I travel quite a bit for hockey and horse shows with my kids...it is hard to stay focused while out of a normal routine. Kudos to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!